90 degree throttle?

azbill

Local time
6:57 PM
hey guys...
I am looking for a throttle cable with a 90 degree connection at the carb
(needed for clearance on a trike vinnie n me are building)
is one out there? :geek:
or am I just hopin? :whistle:

I hope the pic is not too small. You should be able to find something like what I used in a hardware store. It is an open sided piece of plastic I slid the cable in and tie wrapped it

You could also bend a piece of copper tubing and run the cable through it.

Attachments

• 90degree.jpg
    90degree.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 215
how about a bicycle cable 'noodle' ?
like the one you have on the rear brake ...on your Jag. does that give you enough bend?

The cable noodle seems to be the best idea...i used one as part of my throttle linkage & works perfect.
p1010124.JPG

unfortunately, the little tip that goes to the slide doesn't go through a brake noodle...been there, failed that :mad:

c'mon guys...this isn't my first time around the block :D:rolleyes::D

I thought there might be someone who sells a cable like that (with a noodle pre-installed at the carb end) :confused:
I have one with a noodle at the throttle end

Either remove that little tag & resolder it,OR leave the tag where it is and thread the cable back the other way,then resolder the larger tag(preferably with silver solder)
Good luck though trying to find something off the shelf.

you dont have to use solder... you could get some copper or led or somthing and just use the side of a drill bit the same diameter as the cable on a piece of wood. then melt the copper over the 2 pieces of cable. i dunno how precise it would be though...

you would need a propane or butane torch though...

or you could somehow do like large did and mount a pulley...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back