90cc engine

Jbrough

Local time
4:25 PM
I just installed 90cc engine this is my first time installing and first time riding. I don't know if it's right when I pull the clutch lever in all the way and come to a stop it screams off its head can anyone tell me if this is normal

that doesnt sound normal for any engine. does it idle normally? if not then unscrew the idle screw until it does. what kind of carb does it have?

until it stops screaming and just ticks over. too many variables to tell you how fast you should go what type of engine, what size spockets your using, what size the wheels on your bike are etc.

Found similar posts I'll try some things and let you know how I went thanks for your help

If it is a 2 stroke Happy Time or China Girl engine, you might have an air leak some place. Since it is new, it is probably leaking around the intake area. Use some carburetor cleaner to check for leaks, but be careful as it is flammable. You'll want to see if your idle speed changes. A fast idle may cause a severe lean condition and possibly cause over heating and a seized piston. Another possibility, you don't have the throttle cable connected right in the carburetor.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Thanks everyone for your help I tightened the screws on the carburetor and problem solved. Runs great cheers!!!!

Back