94 specialized ground control full suspension

20170206_185057.jpg

Very nice bike bro.
Thanks , almost finished .I need to upgrade the ignition system , the stock super rat. (gen3 ) ignition is really weak and Quits/ revlimits at 8500 the second pic is the stock all in one system , followed by the KTM 50 stator and rotor , I needed to machine the engine case
20170206_185013.jpg
20170127_190004.jpg
20170205_233533.jpg

That's some serious skills. Bad assed bike. Curious about the pipe. Is it the mzmiami, and if so how does it act. I thought the late 90's GT''s were the only show in that type of frame.

That's some serious skills. Bad assed bike. Curious about the pipe. Is it the mzmiami, and if so how does it act. I thought the late 90's GT''s were the only show in that type of frame.
Yes that's is the MZ Miami pipe , It's got really good midrange with strong top end, pulls really hard from 7500/8500 until the rev limiter hits at 8500 , low end is about the same as the stock pipe , I Was looking for the GT type frame you mentioned $300 and up , Found the 94 specialized cro-moly on eBay (nos) never built for $140. Yea you need to get a silencer for that pipe , It's F#"&!! ing ridiculously loud without one , I got one on eBay for $21.95 stainless steel , no power loss anywhere and maybe a little boost on the low end ?, I really couldn't believe it was much Quieter than the bone stock pipe ?? , was thinking of shortening the canister to make it a bit louder . Search for 22mm exaust silencer , it was hard to find one in US stock , THANKS for your reply , I like that gas tank you got, I just got a 1 gal from MZ ,was passing everybody but the gas station . lol

Attachments

• 20170206_185421.jpg
    20170206_185421.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 194
nice dooode! i have the same frame Im trying to build it without a shift kit for lack of funds. yours looks tight af!

Cool THANKS , I did run that frame for a bit without the shift kit , exellent frame , but be carefull tightening your motor mounts ,( thin wall cro-mo tubing) . you'll need to run a chain tensioner due to the rear suspension , I made one from derailleur parts , you can buy one online , the one you want attaches to the engine sprocket cover , I found the 38t rear sprocket was the best all around gearing . Save the extra $40 buck's for the extra HD front Freewheel as all the engine's torque it transmitted through it's (dual bearings) , The (std HD ) has only one bearing to carry the Torque ,the one-way rachet is only for starting the engine , the sbp shift kit is the way to go .

Cool THANKS , I did run that frame for a bit without the shift kit , exellent frame , but be carefull tightening your motor mounts ,( thin wall cro-mo tubing) . you'll need to run a chain tensioner due to the rear suspension , I made one from derailleur parts , you can buy one online , the one you want attaches to the engine sprocket cover , I found the 38t rear sprocket was the best all around gearing . Save the extra $40 buck's for the extra HD front Freewheel as all the engine's torque it transmitted through it's (dual bearings) , The (std HD ) has only one bearing to carry the Torque ,the one-way rachet is only for starting the engine , the sbp shift kit is the way to go .
chain tensioner before shift kit

Attachments

• 20161022_100929.jpg
    20161022_100929.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 189
Yea I made it from deraileur parts ,used to ride 20-25 miles a day for about 6mos ,no problems , then got a shifter kit

Back