99% done... 196cc push trailer!

I'm proud of your fine job!

Who made your red frame? Does it pivot at the seatpost?

Looks almost perfect. Ya might choose to increase your gear ratio after you get the feel of your trailer.:geek:

That's if ya want more performance.

What are your sprocket sizes?

It does pivot on the seat post. The frame is from a pressure washer. I should have taken a picture of it before I cut some of the pieces off of it.

I am sure it has some tweeking to do.... I will let you know hopefully this afternoon.

sweet and clean (simple) motor bike trailer thing

Does it pivot at the seatpost?

a very sweet and clean (simple) motor bike trailer thing
I see one part that I may have made stronger
but I am only looking at a picture
and if by chance it does show a little stress in time
no problem for builder to strengthen

a fine MB build that any one would like to ride and own

have fun -- let us know all about that MB trailer thing

push trailor

Dude I would be very carefull with that the pipe you are useing does not look to strong i am using 1 1/2 steel pipe and i think that is still not enough go slow i found that the motor goes pretty fast i have 10 tooth in front and a48 tooth in the back and i go about 35 to 40mph and it is pretty scary

Nice job. I saw your seatpost connect and instantly had a lightbulb go off over my head...of course! I have several of those around and never thought to use one for my trailers.

Looks great.

Nice job. I saw your seatpost connect and instantly had a lightbulb go off over my head...of course! I have several of those around and never thought to use one for my trailers.

Looks great.

For those of you who don't know, the piece that connects to the seatpost was originally a little rack (it had a piece of plastic that mounted to the top of the bar). I got it from target for $17 I think.

I took it out for the Maiden Voyage... man is this thing awesome!

I got it up to about 37mph but I could feel it was bouncing when I would try to push it much past there. I passed some construction workers and they loved it and were waiving at me.

When I stopped I think I found out what the bouncing problem was.... the tire was spinning around the rim. Originally I felt that it was slipping so I lined the wheels with layers of duck tape to make it tighter. Then it did not seem like the wheel would spin inside the tire. I think the heat melted the glue on the duck tape and it worked its way out of position so the tire can spin on the wheel again. I think I heard someone used gorilla glue to fix this problem. That is what I am going to try now.

This thing is awesome though. It has gobbs of power, way more than my old 70cc HT bike and it should be able to go 50mph once I fix the tire problem.

that sure sounds like a fun fast ride you got going on there

yes - good old gorilla glue
if you have never used it before
it expands like heck while drying
you will have to wipe excess off many times while drying
it can be a mess

or a small amount of 5 min JB weld will also have you back on the road fast

constructions workers said "do you see that guy ride that thing"

I gorilla glued the wheel to the rim.... problem fixed.

Hit my new record speed.... 40mph, still lots left though. It was dark and I was a little scared, when I get more guts I will push it faster.

I enjoy this one a lot more than my HT 70cc. I can haul and the engine just purs.

This thing chews up hills for breakfast... my HT I had to help it out to get up the hills.

I knew you'd love that 6.5. Hills are no problem.

I went home just to see if you took it for a spin, I've been very excited to see how it's going!

BTW, I had to use gorilla glue on my no-flat wheels to keep them on the rim.

40Mph, and you have more throttle to go, SWEET!!!!! :devil:

Last edited:
Back