A 10+hp pocket bike engine for $160!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All **** gonna break loooooooooose! U C hard engager. Math man.. I need your ***-iss tance. I have this 7 hp pocket that I planned on using on a bicycle...---BUT-- It don't run before 8500 and up to 10,000 it is a work of art. U gonna ride this like a GOOD NEIGHBOR??? Not my GN! ( I hate the leaf BLOWER) But I admit that I'm a very bad man. Few are the properties that make thios life gooooooood. You go DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All **** gonna break loooooooooose! U C hard engager. Math man.. I need your ***-iss tance. I have this 7 hp pocket that I planned on using on a bicycle...---BUT-- It don't run before 8500 and up to 10,000 it is a work of art. U gonna ride this like a GOOD NEIGHBOR??? Not my GN! ( I hate the leaf BLOWER) But I admit that I'm a very bad man. Few are the properties that make thios life gooooooood. You go DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh... what he said. :D

In all seriousness... this thing sounds awesome. Gotta post some pics... and a video of a 1 wheel tire fire would be totally bad ***.

:cool:Zomby, if I remember correctly, you have the NuVinci hub, but need more gears to run your engine in its rpm range.

Please post your engine sprocket size, NuVinci sprocket size, jacksprocket sizes and the rpm and top speed you want to run.

Myron

Maybe I'm missing something but how are you going to keep from twisting the spokes right out of whatever bike you put it into? Inquiring minds want to know...

Jim

:cool:Zomby, try the PM again. I didn't receive it.

Jim, I'm unsure how strong of a wheel I'll need. There are mag-type 24" wheels(spokeless) available from STATON. There are also spokes as thick as 9 gauge from wheelbuilders.

Modified pocket bike engines' torque and hp arrive at high rpm, at 7400rpm and 10,000rpm. I should also use a light foot.

Also, the sprockets attach onto the hub, and are not bolted or snapped onto the spokes.

I'll try my STATON HD hub first. Hopefully, the bike shop can retrofit 9-gauge spokes onto it.

That should do it.

Myron

How did this go?

I'm excited to hear if you had success!

Zach

Indeed, this was almost 6 months ago. I would love to get an update of this build.

Hey guys,

sorry for not posting. I've been back in night school after work to earn a college degree. Music lessons, internet surfing, good nights' sleep and bikes were put on hold. In January 2009, I'll quit work, collect SS and go to school fulltime. Then I'll also have more time for my hobbies.

I disassembled the Dahon bike, because handling was too squirrelly and suspension was VERY harsh. For a quick conversion, I bolted a Mitsubishi engine/friction drive onto a fenderless girlie Raleigh cruiser with Rockshox fork and suspension seatpost. It's an excellent all-around combination, as long as i pedal a few strokes on takeoff. I can live with the slipping friction roller when the tire gets wet.

I have the HP pocketbike engine bolted onto the Staton gear chain drive. This engine is actually smaller and lighter than the Robin/Honda/Mits engines, even with an ADA goped pipe(the circular type). I need to find a donor bike that'll accept the Staton HD hub and 7 gears, along with the pb engine.

If the HP pb engine is too overpowering, I have a mild 2.5hp Polini engine or a stock pb engine to use.

Myron

Status
Not open for further replies.