A Big Hello to everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sistersoft1, Feb 12, 2012.

1. sistersoft1

sistersoft1 New Member

Hi, I'm Jay,
    I have been working on and off with electric hub motors and have a few Staton gas motors but want to try my hand at an independent electric motor attachment to sprocket on a trike. Have a few worksman adaptable cargo trikes sitting around and would like to build a system off of that to take down some tough woods roads. I'd like to get some good range, possibly 50 miles which I can get with a good set of wheelchair 73 AH gel cells. I know that the weight and the suspension issue will be my biggest problem but the trike can handle the weight.Will be using a 24 volt system so only 2 12 volts batts are needed. Should give me enough watts o not go over the 50% rule. Question to professional tinkerers is: What is the best motor/hp for this application. Has anyone utilized the Scott PM motor? What are the fattest tire anyone has gotten on a worksman trike? Thanks for any and all comments.

2. professor

professor Active Member

Hi Jay, not too many electric tinkerers here. To me the best motor is one you put gas in. I messed with elect for a bit and went gas. Oh and welcome to Motoredbikes!