A boost?

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by senorpyz, Jun 14, 2009.

1. senorpyz

senorpyz New Member

I recently have finished my 1st build, a thatsdax 66 cc kit on a Schwinn Delmar. It runs great but I want to get a little more power out of it. Any suggestions? I also have been wondering if anyone has run across a bigger engine?

Edit:
    I have found some parts that are what I'm looking for. Maybe you guys are interested too.

http://www.zoombicycles.com/eShop/6...over-80cc-Slant-Head-Cylinder-Cover-A-2B.html

Above is a cylinder head cover for $13. One review said that it increased his top speed by 7 mph. Sounds like a cheap upgrade.

http://www.zoombicycles.com/eShop/6...i-racingcarb-Addon-Racing-Carburetor-5-2.html

Here is a racing style carburetor that is a bit pricey but sounds like it gives you a major boost in power.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

guess you want more speed -- different type of motor may be best

if you get a Japanese motor and soop it up -- you really have someTHING

the little Happy Times are only going to take so much -- until they blow apart

ride that thing

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Yep,
    High compression head and a sick bike parts shifter kit will get you hitting 40mph easily.

4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Break it in first, then see what you want to do.

5. senorpyz

senorpyz New Member

where can i find a japanese motor?

also, will the slant head cylinder cover from zoombicycles work with my engine? (the one found in the thatsdax kit)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  6. senorpyz

senorpyz New Member

i found this written by justin on another thread from a while back concerning the slant head cylinder covers. I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to motors so I am not exactly sure why he is suggesting to buy new gaskets if you plan on buying the slant head cylinder cover.