A/C cleaning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by davidsis, May 26, 2009.

1. davidsis

davidsis Guest

My air conditioner is under my house, and my crawl space was flooded. What should I do? That insulation stuff on the A/C unit is saturated, and some of the ducked work is filled with water help.

2. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

If you havn't already, Kill the breaker!!!
  3. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Professional plumbers, when they find big leaks in the basement, run big squirrel cage fans for days to get the area to dry out and prevent future mold.
  4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

You are looking at some serious costs here. First, as bama pointed out, drying out the crawlspace is a priority - in fact it is the highest priority. As part and parcel of that you need to seal all inlet vents into the house proper from the HVAC system, and drain/dry out the ductwork totally, get it professionally cleaned and treated by anti-fungal compounds.
  5. If it is the round "flexible duct" replace it, you will never get the insulation dry or clean between the inside and outside jacket surrounding the insulation.
  6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

air THING going

big and many fans -- a must have until all is dry

keep that air THING going

we got wet here in the house a while back -- fans helped a lot to dry out

7. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

I don't know where the poster is from, but it may NOT be from plumbing leaks. Some areas of Florida have had over 30" of rain in one week.
  8. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Daytona Beach

I am from Daytona Beach.
  9. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Anybody who gets a car flooded, use calcium chloride. It's a salt thats used in Damp Rid. Use it the same way (holes poked in a lid over a bucket). Could get it at a pool supply place way cheaper!