A "Clink" then no gap on the plug now no Power. A

• Thread starter Mile High Chop-Ped
  • Start date
M

Mile High Chop-Ped

I was messing with my daughter's bike with a 48cc Livefast engine. I took off at low speed and heard a "clink" then it didn't run right. I coasted back down the hill to the house and pulled the plug to find it had been smacked by the piston and had no gap. (Stock Plug) Re-gaped it and the bike had very little power bogging under a load. Stuck in another plug and same thing. Any Ideas?

Re: A "Clink" then no gap on the plug now no Power

It runs, it idles, it bogs and gets hot fast.

My first guess would be a bad wrist pin bushing. Just pull the cylinder and have a look.

Moth

clink

If the piston has hit the spark plug don't run it any further.
Sounds like the main bearings or the piston rod has gone out on ya.
Examine the innerds!
Doc

Re: A "Clink" then no gap on the plug now no Power

"MBc EDIT - This post contained content that is listed in the MotoredBikes.com rules as unacceptable."

Thanks for the wrist pin thought Huge and I will take your advice and open it up and take a look Doc. I had just hoped to avoid that with this post.
I picked up the engine for $50.00 lightly used and it has run fine for a while. I don't know how another seller bashing Livefast is supposed to answer my question. My experience with Livefast on some components was great and their customer service top-notch. Which is far more then I can say about my experience with motorizedbicyclesdotnet (then Revolutioncycle) on eBay.

I've also had good luck with the Tiger engines that Livefast sells. I use one on my daily commute bike. The guy at Livefast has always been very nice on the phone and has shipped orders promptly.

Moth

More about Livefast

Just want to add my two cents: I bought my first, and so far only, engine from Livefast. The guy was EXCELLENT to do business with! I had a bunch of dumb questions, and he answered all of them. So far his product is topnotch, my engine is running fine. I have nothing but good things to say about Livefast. By the way, he referred me to his competition's online directions for assembly when I couldn't figure out what was in the kit that Livefast sent to me. Live Long.........Livefast.

Back