a couple of this years finished project uk

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by luke, Dec 12, 2007.

1. luke

luke Guest

been having trouble posting pics laterly.so i set my camera to its lowest setting and took a few pics indoors.heres two of the five machines i finished this year.first is a peugeot p50 from the 1930s.second is another french machine sort of.it is a 1950s itom tourist roller drive engine italian invention but this one was made under licence in france.i fitted it to a british rudge bicycle from 1947.both machines do a steady thirty but lose a lot of power on hills.

Attached Files:

2. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Very cool, I love the muffler on the Peugeot.
  3. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

Luke, incredible. both look great!
  4. snowpanky

snowpanky Guest

wow, looks good.
  5. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Nice work Luke!
    Did you make the tank on the first one?
  6. luke

luke Guest

a few more pics

a few pics of my other finished projects just wanted to test my new camera.my sturmney archer powered 1930s tradesmans bike i am going to improve a few bits later and a eighties engine i don't know the name of on a bitser bike.
    in reply to dockspa1 the tank came with the bike.

Attached Files:

7. Egor

Egor Guest

That is so cool. I have a friend in the UK and he always had cool stuff. Not much of it made its way to the US, I don't think the people over here were ever influenced to be that conservative, or thrifty, most of our motorbikes were heavy. The Honda Cub was the only thing that caught on. I have a Solex 3800 I have not seen many in all my years of interest. There were a few Mopeds years ago but they are all gone now. I think the new price of petrol might make a difference. Have fun, Dave
  8. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I heard tell of a 45mph tuned Solex recently - talk about deathwish..

Nice collection and I would love to get a shaped muffler like that for the classic-esque machine I am in the midst of fettling...

need to get some decal paper for it and a few other bits...

congrats again on the collection

Jemma xx
  9. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Very nice work. Cool setups
  10. luke

luke Guest

the solex style engine appears to be a copy.built differently and not pump fed.i have had standard solexes befor and found them incredibly slow.i know they are tuned up and raced in france.my machine is faster than a standard solex has too much compression and could do with a different carb to make it run faster.i havent got a clue where it came from only it was made in the eighties sat around in a cardboard box till i got it.
  11. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Your little Peugeot is really lovely :grin:
  12. Great cyclemotor collection. I quiet like the little tradesmen bike.