A full blown motorcycle from a bike

Motorcycles are custom made, such as by chopper builders making proprietary frames, and DOT licensed so they can apply legal VINs and supply MCo/MSOs to title and legally register a vehicle.

The real weakness in modern, mass production, bicycle frames from is simply they are built to be lightweight with drawn tubing that was never specced to have engines clamped to it vs straight wall pipe that motorcycle manufacturers use. The larger the engine the more under-specced it is and why motor-assisted-bicycles are most appropriately utilized with small, low power, lightweight, helper engines. Just try to get a bicycle manufacturer to honor a bicycle warranty or cover liability after learning you clamped an engine on their product.

70mph on a bicycle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh, excuse me, I need to catch my breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is stupid.
It can be done but high quality parts must be utilized.

The current state of racing motorized bicycles is advancing rapidly.

Felt Slater with Honda GC160 motor, racing bicycle project.
http://www.facebook.com/jokermachineinc

Scotto's 212 cc Predator race bike was clocked at 65 mph and it's
on a Felt cruiser frame too as shown below.
The bike is geared for a bit under 50 mph for the races.

This is not a current photo and doesn't show the upgraded wheels or disc brakes.

picture.php

Last edited:
If i want to go that fast on 2 wheels, i just hop on this...My vintage 66 triumph!
Picture065.jpg

if i want to go faster, I hop on this...My buddy Squiggys twin triumph drag bike.
squiggybike.jpg

squiggybike2.jpg

Last edited:
It can be done but high quality parts must be utilized.

The current state of racing motorized bicycles is advancing rapidly.

And I hope at least an ancillary consideration of participants and organizers, like in any organized vehicle racing association, is to promote the consensus and commonsense of delineating the differences between track and legal street use.

Motorcycles are custom made, such as by chopper builders making proprietary frames, and DOT licensed so they can apply legal VINs and supply MCo/MSOs to title and legally register a vehicle.

Well thats the part I'm a little more clueless about. what you would actually have to do to get it qualified legally as a motorcycle since it's no longer eligible to be a motorized bicycle. I found the requirements for scratch built automobiles, but haven't had any luck with motorcycles.

Well thats the part I'm a little more clueless about. what you would actually have to do to get it qualified legally as a motorcycle since it's no longer eligible to be a motorized bicycle. I found the requirements for scratch built automobiles, but haven't had any luck with motorcycles.

You obtain or have someone that has a USDOT Federal Vehicle Manufacturers License sanction the vehicle. It's a process and not really that difficult but guidelines are followed and records must be kept. There are agents that act as consultants for a fee in acquiring the license also, I have no connection to this guy but here's one example: http://www.motorcycle-manufacturer-license.org/MCOs-MSOs-information.htm

This actually seems less difficult than I initially thought. Based on what you have all shown me here, it seems like the main challenge would be finding a bicycle that would be a good base.

Why mess with a bicycle if a motorcycle is what you really want, just build up or modify an existing mc frame.

Why not build a prototype bike that's low powered but is the shape you want, and use the experience to decide if you want to get something faster?

Back