A non peddling bike engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikerKid123

Local time
5:16 PM
Hey guys to start off I'm a newb at this bike and engine thing so I need help. I am currently looking for a bike engine that doesn't need peddiling. Like all you have to do is turn it on then you can stop and go with no peddling (like a moped of dirt bike). My price range is 150 and under and I was just wondering if they even makes these. Thanks for stopping by

All the motors can take off with out pedals it's just the gear ratio a loss on top speed is a gain in bottom. Lots of my bikes take off with out pedalling just one push off with your foot. Thats been with a 44 t and 36 t on 26inc wheels a manual clutch is a big help.

Okay I'm sorry I'm a newb with engines on bikes and with engines in general I searched the 44 t engine and the prices were over 1000 dollars and it looked like it was for motorcycles. This is a link for an engine on a bicycle engine http://m.ebay.com/itm/161684015658
would this bike work with no peddling at all or if I took the peddles off? Thanks for being patient :)

It's cool Nothing to be sorry about. I was talking about a 66cc push bike motor with 44 t meaning 44 tooth sprocket on a 26 Inc wheel. Basically a stock kit

Far as I know if you take the pedals off it a motorbike. Depending on your laws

Sorry but you need the pedals to start the motor unless you push start or electric starter motor on it but once it started you just rev it up a bit and let go of the clutch slowly

Okay thanks for the clarification i looked around for electric starters on 50 cc engines and none of them came with the whole kit like the link I sent above and it was pricey so I was wondering about the push start and also a pull start for the kit that I was talking about above. For a pull start if I put it on the bike and turned it on would I be able to just rev the engine and let go of the clutch and move without it peddiling.

m.ebay.com/itm/Pull-Start-Stater-for-2-Stroke-Motorized-Push-Bike-49cc-70cc-80cc-Engine-Kit-/181930106867?hash=item2a5be11ff3:g:MlMAAOSwgQ9VpSJt

Then here is a link for the push start.
m.ebay.com/itm/12V-20A-Waterproof-Horn-Engine-Start-Button-Push-Switch-For-Car-Boat-Bike-/182094167325?hash=item2a65a87d1d:g:CPQAAOSw1DtXESHO

My main question is which one is easier to instal on the engine the push button or pull start for the engine kit I sent above. Thanks again!

You would need to install a centrifugal clutch kit in addition to a pull starter in order to have the ability to go from a dead stop. The standard out of the box chinagirl/happytime two stroke engine is a direct drive system where turning the back wheel will turn the engine over. A centrifugal clutch is different where by default the engine is not engaged to the drive train until it reaches a certain rpm. Once it reaches that rpm, it starts to engage and turn the back wheel. Here is a link to a centrifugal clutch kit: http://www.pistonbikes.com/Centrifugal-Clutch-for-a-2-stroke-p/cc2s.htm

If you just had the pull starter you would still have to pedal and gain some speed before you let the clutch go, otherwise the engine would instantly die if you let the clutch go from a dead stop.

Alternatively you could buy a fourstroke because they already have a centerfugal clutch and pull starter built into their design, but they are more expensive than a two stroke. I don't know much about installing an electric starter, but I have seen some people do it and it looks more complicated and needs more parts that what is shown in your eBay link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back