A possible 4 stoke alternate engine (Mounting??)

Yeah. She's about 12" wide. A little much to have sittin on top of your bottom bracket. It also weighs about 10 lbs more than the frame it's going on, wheels and all.

:cool: A Monster engine!:eek:

something like those SS427 Camaros back in the late 1960's. No, more like a Chrysler hemi engine stuffed in a 1932 Ford coupe.

I'm loving it.::)

Myron

:cool: A Monster engine!:eek:

something like those SS427 Camaros back in the late 1960's. No, more like a Chrysler hemi engine stuffed in a 1932 Ford coupe.

I'm loving it.::)

Myron

Hello 5-7Heaven,
Can we say, 350 Chevy small block on a go-kart. ha ha.:rolleyes:
The 4 wheelers that these engines on weigh tons more than a "purpose built" bicycle frame would that could be made to hold a 4 cycle engine likes these. The 4 wheelers did 40-45 mph. Custom Carbon fiber bicycle frame with this engine could really be a fun build - I am considering it.
.......:cool:quarkdude:cool:

I'm not interested in going fast. I need to be able to haul groceries at a reasonable pace.

:cool:Quark, i'm always interested in another kind of bicycle engine.

if you build it...i might follow.:D

Hello all,
I came across this site and thought, wow wouldn't this be cool for going to the 4 stroke side and building another bike. They have all kinds of engine sizes starting at 50cc. Here is a link to all the sizes. What do you guys think. Mounting might be a little left to the imagination, but everyone here is always open minded about fabricating something up to make it work. The output shaft to the chain is on the left side of the engine and they have a 3 speed transmission in them with a 3 down shifter on the right. Maybe this is too extreme - Naaah! ha ha
http://www.hooperimports.com/dept.asp?dept_id=02
...........quarkdude:cool:
They would be great if you could get them mounted, but what laws there are on motorized bikes always state that the bike has to be single speed auto transmission. No gears allowed, so you'd be running afoul of the law from the start. I think I'd rather use a Lifan on a mini-bike or go-kart or as a replacement engine on a tired old Honda CT110 trail bike.

Hey I have done it and I firmly belive it is the best way to go I used a strech limo frame (to use a stock bicycle frame so the law cannot tell you it is a motor vehicle ) I won't say what size Of motor due to legal reasons . But it is sooo dependable $ thousand miles plus and no problems plus lights and electric starter if you want parts galore custom cams and enough tourqe to pull stumps out of the ground ( really only good sized weeds ) 4 gears and a clutch 25 mph at idle in 4th gear

Back