A Privateer's chance of Glory on the Boards

Hi gang, I have seen a lot of bikes here referring to "Board Track Racer" and I wanted to show you mine, which I got running today.

Mine is a true drop-loop design, used by almost all early motorcycle manufacturers after 1904, which earlier had been "Diamond frames"

I had wanted to build her up to be a full motorcycle, but, after riding this bike (yet incomplete) feeling the power of the OVH exposed BTR engine, I have decided to continue to the finish as a Racer.

NOT a "Factory Racer", but instead a "Privateers" Racer, stripped down from a factory Motorcycle, hopped up, and maybe even chopped in some way, so as to be competitive on the boards. I chose not to go with the short "baloney sliced" headpipe, as so many did, as I will be on the pavement, not on the boards. Tho, surprisingly enuf, the increased compression, and efficiency of the OHV has proved to be MUCH louder than I had thought.

The bike runs really strong, accellerates harder than my flatheads do by far.

Here she is, still in bare metal.

Mike

PS the pics won't load, I'll put them in next

excellent

when i do move up to something for the highway, im goin to get a bike from you!superb lines on this model,great bike thanx for pics.:cool:

New wheels and tires

Hi thanks for all the nice comments! I've been really excited about mounting my wheels and tires, but needed pics showing the black tires and chrome rims.
They really are the same quality, but do not do the bike justice! I do have some other cool parts to add, and have just learned where white pedal blocks can be had (at a price!).

I'll be changing bars, stem, grips, making a drop stand clip, adding speedo (need this for oil changes, and not getting tickets, this bike is FAST!), am looking for old brass and nickle flashlight, and a couple of other little doo-dads to make up a removable kinda cool lighting system (I have great alternator on board), the reasoning for a removable lighting system is that this is my Racer, and the new 10 will be a "motorcycle" type replica, not a Racer.

Here are a couple of pics I took today, with the new wheels!

Attachments

• Model 09 left school.JPG
    Model 09 left school.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Model09 rt schoolsm1a.JPG
    Model09 rt schoolsm1a.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 313
My word that's beautiful Mike. Nothing says classic heroic period racer like white tyres do.

Good weather Progress report

Hi Gang, almost 60 degrees here today, so I dragged out my bike for a ride, now with speedo, new bars, new stem, white grips, and some new pics!

Bike ran strong, starting easily.

Sianelle, I had shunned the all-white tires in the past, but for this bike relented, and set in a stock of them, as they really set off the red wheels and bike. I think they look wonderful!

Attachments

• Model 09 119LS.JPG
    Model 09 119LS.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Model 09 119RS.JPG
    Model 09 119RS.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 249
Beautiful for sure

Beautiful for sure.. Could you show me some close ups of the Clutching and belt setup? I would like a similar setup for the Titan in frame design and I have been considering this type of setup. Thanks..

It's a belt drive. Does that really dirty up the white walls? I would think not near as much for grease don't go near there.
Your bike is a true masterpiece. BRAVO!

hey joseph, thats a beautiful looking frame, you got any contact info for that guy? i see its a myspace... do you have his user name?

Back