A Real Fual Power Additive For Low Conpression Engines

NARLEY PEDALSON

Local time
8:08 AM
HEPTANE

Heptane is the zero mark on the octane scale from witch ever other fuel is compared from. Lower octane fuels have more BTU's or energy per gram of fuel ,so the lower the octane the higher energy made when burning in a engine. Mixing heptane in your fuel will lower your octane content and give you more power and with having a vary close oxygen content to gasoline you will not need rejetting/tuning of your carb.

87octane = max compression ratio of 9:1 or a max of 9.66 octane per 1 ratio point, so 9.66 times 6= 58, so the best octane to run in a happy time engine would be 58 octane.

Your mixture for the perfect fuel for your bike would be.

800ml of 87octane gasoline
200ml of heptane
32.5ml of caster or high grade 2 stoke oil

Sorry to burst your bubble but your theory is bunk. Lower octane fuels have more BTU's per gallon.....in theory you'll get better fuel economy with lower octane fuels not more power.

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble but your theory is bunk. Lower octane fuels have more BTU's per gallon.....in theory you'll get better fuel economy with lower octane fuels not more power.

OK i want to hear this one

how dose a carb know what liquid is being put throw it ?
water,gas,nitro,pee...............

as long as the SG is around the same it won't matter so how would it know to use less gas if the gas has lower octane ?

Lower octane fuels have more BTU's per gallon
btu's is a measurement of energy. the more energy your engine makes the more power you get from your motor

if you tuned a ht for better fuel economy ie 13:1 it would blow

you want to get your ht dinoed and o2 tested so it is running at 14.7:1

Narley,
Please go online and buy yourself a used thermodynamics text book and engine theory/design or wait until you go to college. There are many variables besides octane and its inverse relationship to BTU that govern the output an engine is capable of producing. You cannot simply ignore those other variables that affect engine power output.

For example, using your logic:

Gasoline US gallon = 115,000 Btu
Diesel Fuel US galon = 130,500 Btu/gallon

But for some reason my normally aspirated 1.3L gas engine produces more horsepower (180HP) than my 2.8L turbo diesel engine (160hp).

Narley,
Please go online and buy yourself a used thermodynamics text book and engine theory/design or wait until you go to college. There are many variables besides octane and its inverse relationship to BTU that govern the output an engine is capable of producing. You cannot simply ignore those other variables that affect engine power output.

For example, using your logic:

Gasoline US gallon = 115,000 Btu
Diesel Fuel US galon = 130,500 Btu/gallon

But for some reason my normally aspirated 1.3L gas engine produces more horsepower (180HP) than my 2.8L turbo diesel engine (160hp).

i build racing sled engine i understand

how ever in this case with the happy time engine mixing heptane in the fuel will greatly increase power

its not for ever engine

i would not use it in my 19:1 race engine
witch run's 127octane and even that pings some time so im in time going to bore the jets to run menthol

It's cool you guys race these things like RC cars or something. I get 100-200mpg on mine with mid grade gas and 2 cycle oil from walmart. It's fast enough to ride with traffic on main street when I go get tacos or stir fry takeout. I think I'll leave mine alone. lol.

Great info Narley one! In go-kart racing a lot of times you are required to run spec fuel. Often than not the spec fuel is race gas with a much higher octane than many of the lower compression (also spec) engines need to operate at their optimum performance levels. When we were racing little Italian 50cc 2 cycle engines with 7.5:1 compression ratio is where I first started experimenting with lowering the octane of the spec 98 octane leaded race gas using n-heptane. Adding just enough to lower the octane of the race gas down to 83-84 produced the best results, consistently yielding lower lap times by as much as 1/2 a second on 3/8 mile closed course. All thermodynamics and engine theory/design aside, the transponder timing/stopwatch doesn't lie. Back then I had access to neat n-heptane right from the tap. Where are you getting your heptane?

Back