A trip back in time

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Al.Fisherman, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Thursday, I took friends from Colorado out to the Barber Museum. I know that most will never see it, but some have. The museum is located in Leeds, Alabama, about 30 miles north of where I live. This is the LARGEST collection of motorcycles/motorized bikes in the world. On display, there are approximately 1/2 of Mr. Barbers collection, the other 1/2 were loaned out for display. Many of the race cars were driven by Mr. Barber in competition. Mr.Barber owns a milk processing plant (Barber's Milk), by way the best milk on the market here. What you will see in the pictures are only a small percentage of bikes, mainly like our motorized bikes (peddle start). Total collection exceeds 1,200 displays. Many are "ONE OF A KIND".

Once at my photobucket page http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/Ron-Becker/Barber Motorsports/ ,look above the first picture an click "View All"

Thank you for taking the time to look, and enjoy. There is no copywriter, pass them on as you like.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

... like.jpg ...
  3. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

great pics, Al! looking at all of those old motorcycles/ motorized bikes makes me really appreciate the craftsmanship and engineering of those that came before us. All of the current production kits are just cheap copies / imitations of technology built long ago. thanks again for the wonderful pics for those of us that may never get a chance to visit that wonderful museum.
  4. davewelch2000

davewelch2000 New Member

verry nice thanks for shareing
  5. thank you al ilove seeing the old motorized bikes :tt1: