A winter must have!!

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by ozzyu812, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Looks rather a challenge to mount an engine on that....definately rule-out friction drive.

3. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Lots of options

I can think of a couple of options. A Cyclone, if they are somewhat water tight. Or Ghost and Pablo's jackshaft. It has a rear disc brake so with of of Andy's sprockets you could also do a HT in the normal fashion or a Straton rackmount.

It was pretty late when Simonator (hope I got his name right) IMed me with a link to a pic of this. My 1st thought it was some mad scientists one off creation. Then I found it was in production! I pull out my wallet then I remembered I was married and all major purchases have to be approved by committee. :(

4. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

no reactions?
    no one can see this things potential as an MB?
    I commuted in record snow last year, I'd love one.
    maybe a pic will help.
    keep in mind its not the frame its the tracks and ski only.

Attached Files:

5. hill climber

hill climber Member

thats sweet. i want just the rear for the sand dunes

6. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Great idea, bet it would be terrific on trails as well.

7. loquin

loquin Active Member

Snomobike!!!

Attached Files:

8. RLK

RLK Guest

I'm going to stick with studded tires. They work all winter on all surfaces from ice to packed snow to dry pavement. That ski and track would only work on packed snow.

9. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I doubt I could ever get that to mount onto my Whizzer, but it would be neat to ride a bike equipped with that system.

10. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

11. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I thought about this and did some research. I discovered that it doesn't work well. My option was to purchase a snorunner from ebay. www.snorunner.com Unfortunately, the snorunner was not well represented and needs a lot of work. Maybe I'll get it to work before all the snow melts.

12. 247Jude

247Jude Member

I have one, I was running half the winter with it, check out my pictures! It worked well with a studded tire on the front, until I through a trak and split it. They already sent me a replacement and now I am ready for next winter.

13. happycheapskate

happycheapskate Active Member

Thanks for the picture. I couldn't see the #1 Post website.

I like it a lot but I would run a tire on the front. I've seen Youtube videos with the ski and it looks very unstable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLx42c_01o&feature=related
    this guy made one that sits very low. This works good.

14. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

guess they're out of business. tried some searching but I'm not that great at it.