AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I just want it to WORK!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by fogg4444, Jul 14, 2007.

1. fogg4444

fogg4444 Guest

Hey guys. My motor just broke down a while ago and I found the lower parer gasket blown on the cylinder. As I was putting it all back together a spall piece of metal, one side of thhe cylinder skirt broke off. This cheap pot metal drives me crazy. I tried to find a replacement part on grubee but the cylinders they have, I dont know if they are the right size. I dont know how to buy replacement parts because I bought this motor from a little cheap place called ruihong enterprises off ebay for $141. I have just decided to buy a whole new motor from a reputable company this time. That way I can get replacement parts if it breaks and so I can call a real person in case anything happens. I also want a good anount of power. On ebay it said it was an 80 cc but it was really probably just a 48. Where should I get my next motor? I need help. :???:

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

we have some vendors up in resources, look in there and call or e-mail them, they post here as well :D

3. fogg4444

fogg4444 Guest

??

where is recources? what is the email?

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

"resources" link at top of page...find parts, kits, whatever :)

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

Re: ??

it's not hard to find, it's at the top of the page under the e-bay search box
    look around in there and you will get some knowlege on what you seek

6. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

kingsmotorbikes.com has new engine heads but they are kinda expansive...

jon

7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I may be wrong here, someone feel free to correct me.

As long as the small broken piece of metal did not fall into your engine, it should safe to re-assemble. the gasket seals the cylinder to the cases......the remaining skirt & headbolts keep everything aligned & tight. the piston rings do not go that low in the cylinder.

come on gearheads :? ...what do ya think?

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

one skirt on my original dax 70 has been cracked for many hundreds of miles, way before i took it on that 165 mile marathon. it's still just fine.

9. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

one question for fogg4444
    just when did your skirt break?
    was it when you were stuffing the piston in it?
    check this out----->
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1221

if the pins aren't lined up correctly with the rings....something has to give.....broken rings, skirt, or both. :x