About the sick bike parts Front Engine Mount - Large Universal

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by StrontiumEthics, Jul 3, 2010.

1. StrontiumEthics

StrontiumEthics Motored Bikes Sponsor

I would like the buy one but I am confused on the option "Engine stud width", it says ". Please also verify and select the center to center width of your engine studs." what does this mean? I think that it means to measure the distance from each front motor mount stud??? But I am not sure...

2. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Basically stud spacing or width comes in two varieties, some engines are ~1.6", some are ~1.9". So basically you are correct, you can easily ascertain this dimension with a steel ruler.
  3. StrontiumEthics

A friend of mine is leaving to Massachusetts very soon within about 3 weeks. I plan to order a bike engine from Zoombicycles, or Boygofast as soon. I really didn't want to wait the extra 4-5 days to take the measurements after I get the engine because that time me and my buddy could be using to have fun riding! Pablo you dont happen to know the measurements of either engine from those vendors based on experience or so?. :whistling:

lol....I want to get this bike running asap so I can savor all the time my n buddy have left...
  4. Pablo

My guess is 1.6 on the BGF. Shoot Zoom an email. Thing is, some sellers can carry both. 1.9 tends to the newer engines. MOST are 1.6.
  5. bilboby

bilboby Member

I've read some bad reports (on other forums) concerning BGF so perhap's best you check them out before making a decision?
  6. StrontiumEthics

I think I decided to go with Zoom bicycles, I've had great experiences with them when buying engine parts, why not an engine. I dont want to make any mistakes so perhaps I should wait. uggg.
  7. Pablo

Shoot them an email and ask on the spacing. They (Ron?) are usually pretty responsive.
  8. StrontiumEthics

Ok I managed to contact him! He said that its 1.6 inch, and considered that "Standard sizing" so I guess that is what I will purchase. Thanks guys I will let you know how it goes! and update you on things when I get them!
  9. gothicguy64

gothicguy64 Member

good to hear
    i also have a question pablo my frame is 52 mm an the small motor mount can
    i fit a mount to my frame ?

10. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

52mm is almost exactly 2 inches so it should work fine as long as you select the correct one of course.
  11. StrontiumEthics

Ok so I got my engine a couple of days ago, and I just got my Large Universal Frame adaptor in the mail today. I also took some time to install the motor and it looks very sweet, it turns out that it was a 1.6inch front motor mount after all...Thank you guys for all your help!
  12. StrontiumEthics

Here are a list of things I have for sale and there prices to make things easier for everybody. I have multiple Items of each so feel free to ask. Also ask if you would like something not on this list.

1.Cylinder Head $5
    2.Cylinder Body $12
    3.Clutch Access Cover $5
    4.Small Bevel Gear $2
    5.Intake Manifold $4
    6.Piston $5
    7.Crank Assembly $15
    8.Clutch Assembly $12
    9.Clutch Shaft $2
    10.Small Chain Gear $2
    11.Magneto $5
    12.Chain Gear Cover $5