Absolute Cheapest 66cc and 49cc Engines I Could Find!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Hello Moto!, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

2. Hello Moto!

Look at the intake on the 66cc LMAO!

3. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

mmmm, heavy duty metal...

how appealing!

who wants to buy factory seconds? or even thirds, perhaps?

not I!

4. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Aw, I can't see. :(
    It's probably like the standard stuff we get in the UK! :rolleyes:

5. Hello Moto!

High performance. Premium fuel only :p

6. FurryOnTheInside

Ah I got it. Mm nice looks better than the one I got, because it has no thick black paint slopped all over it. ;)
    I'd like a rose3236A "Big Sun Motor" Cheaper than the cheapest UK eBay engine at £65.. but the £109 shipping kills it. :(

7. Hello Moto!

I just bought a pull start from that seller. ROSE326A. One of the few sellers that actually have the rope pulls not the cable. The rope is much smoother and doesn't bind like the cable. I didn't see any engines listed in their items but maybe the UK, USA platforms are different? International shipping is never cheap. Luckily for US sellers there is the global shipping program. This is good for sellers but doesn't cost international buyers any less unfortunately.

8. 45u

45u Active Member

You can get a whole kit with carb, exhaust and everything to get it running for about $30 more. Never have too many parts.

9. 45u

45u Active Member

I have a pull starter with a rope and ti lasted about two pulls. The little part that holds the spring in the cover broke. Very poor casting and the part that holds the spring is too weak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hello Moto!

Yep I had one just recently that broke in the exact same way.I mounted it on my new build, pulled it a few times and it broke. Seller refunded money. The one I have been usin for at least 4 or 5 months on my other bike is holdin up great. The rope is gettin frayed but replacing the rope is simple. I have another thread on a flaw that almost all these come with. There are two types. One is all metal and the other has a plastic spool that holds the rope. I avoided the ones with plastic. The metal ones require some modification to operate correctly. But if that little nub breaks like you pictured in your post its game over.

11. V 35

V 35 Member

Could you drill where it broke, and replace stud with nut and bolt ?

12. Hello Moto!

Quite possibly.

13. Island Racer

Island Racer Member

This is without all the goodies??? Chain / carburetor / sprocket/ bolt & nuts ???

Why would someone buy a motor without that .... ?

14. FurryOnTheInside

Because they regard those kit parts as junk which just adds to the price and to the cost of shipping, and would be replaced with decent (sick?) parts anyway.
    Or they had an engine that broke, maybe it's big end bearing disintegrated.. No need to replace the whole kit.

Island Racer and Frankfort MB's like this.
  15. Hello Moto!

UPDATE!!

This is now the cheapest 66cc motor I could find on eBay. The other one is SOLD OUT! Man these things are goin like hotcakes :p
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/162095775243?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Somebody please buy one and let us know how bad it is. Hell it might be the best engine you ever owned o_O
    Curiosity is going to get the better of me and I'm gonna buy one just for shits and giggles. I don't know though for about $35.00 more you can get a Skyhawk GT5a replacement engine. https://www.motorizedbicycle.com/bicycle-engine-kits/grubee-skyhawk-gt5a-66cc-replacement-motor.html

Frankfort MB's likes this.
  16. FurryOnTheInside

Yeah I was thinking that. You could end up needing to buy a new cylinder straight away, so a gasket kit too, and then pretty quickly if cost the same as the Grubee GT5a.. That would be great for spares that fit. Or you could also buy "Nukeproof" platform pedals for that price.

Hello Moto! and Frankfort MB's like this.
  17. Hello Moto!

The funny thing about this is my first build had a cheap 66cc eBay kit on it. I could hit 35mph on that thing pretty easily. This new Skyhawk GT5A has a hell of a time makin it to 25mph LOL! I have the exact same set up engine wise on my new bike as I did my first build. All I ran was a jetted SHA clone carburetor and same for this new bike. The only difference being the motor. This new build is probably 5-10 lbs heavier but that's it. So unless my speedometer is off by about 10mph, I'd have to say the Skyhawk is being outperformed by heavy duty eBay metal!

18. FurryOnTheInside

I hope someone can explain this and how to "fix" it.. Is it lacking power or just will not rev higher even under no load?

19. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

It could just have all power at the bottom of the powerband

20. Hello Moto!

Low end power is almost non existent but it revs just fine and performs great on a straight away. It just won't get past 25mph. It's bad when you have to avoid stop signs. That's not easy lol.

Throttle is good all the way through to wide open. Biggest problem is just gettin it goin from a stop. I can live with 25mph top speed but it just kinda floors me that the cheapo was all around better with the same set up. Perhaps I would benefit from a bigger rear sprocket. I'm afraid then my top speed might fall to about 20mph lol.