Tubes ACE Hardware

Baverian

Local time
2:50 AM
My local Ace store has innertubes that already come with slime in them,around$7.95. Has anyone used these or is it better to slime them
yourself?

They are OK. Until you need to let the air out. Then they slime the valve. More of a pain/gimmick than anything, IMHO. OTOH, I've never got a flat with one.

mine have held up pretty good, DOOH, to late, I typed it JINX JINX JINX

I'll be busy saying ten rosearys now

my plastic tire liner stopped a large staple from entering tube the other day
I saw it sticking out of tire and thought
oh no
pulled it out
no leak
didn't go through liner

we sold much of the gue tube stuff in our bicycle shop
it seems to have it's place
but can be a mess that's for sure
for my own use -- never have really liked it

I like that as I ride that thing

Last edited:
They are OK. Until you need to let the air out. Then they slime the valve. More of a pain/gimmick than anything, IMHO. OTOH, I've never got a flat with one.

They have them at K-Wal-mart too, same rubber thickness as the Pyramids from my bike shop....

To lesson the squirting (if you must deflate them), is have the stem at the top, and let it sit there a few minutes. Most of the slime is then out of the way.

You never really know if they are working on small pin***** holes, only when they don't work on huge ones.

I don't use slime....anymore:

I still run across the slimed tubes on donor/used bikes. I change them, if the bike is going to be something I ride.

they are really messy, when you do get a flat. Makes for an ugly road fix. It's hard to make a patch stick, after the slime gets outside the tube!!

To lesson the squirting (if you must deflate them), is have the stem at the top, and let it sit there a few minutes. Most of the slime is then out of the way.
good tip!!

You never really know if they are working on small pin***** holes, only when they don't work on huge ones.
exactly!! hahaha

Carry an extra tube & a pump.

Back