ADA Racing Intake Kit

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by zipdrivex, Aug 9, 2008.

1. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

I purchased this intake kit from www.adaracing.com and I strongly suggest anyone who wants a little bit more oomph to get this kit!! It comes with the chrome filter with the ADA Racing logo on it, a chrome velocity stack, and a very nice choke. The difference was incredibly noticeable.

Attached Files:

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi zip; would you show motor mount and rear wheel. thanks mitch

3. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

I will gladly post more pictures of the set up. What part of the wheel would you like to see? If there's a certain point or view you would like let me know so I can be sure to take the right shots.

4. jboisclair

jboisclair Member

Would any of these filters fit on a happy time? Or does anyone know of a pocket bike filter that would definitely fit on one? Thanks

5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

i just wondered how you got power with the engine mounted so low. i have an occ chopper. that area is used for the rear pull brake. thanks mitch

6. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

I'm not sure about the happy times, I don't know much about them honestly.

7. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

The kit is a Dimension Edge friction drive. It uses an inch and 3/4 urathane roller directly onto the tire. Here's a couple pics for ya stude13.

Attached Files:

8. stude13

stude13 Active Member

nice pics, thanks a heap. mitch

9. stude13

stude13 Active Member

back again, i dont see a kit. i see a bracket w/bearing w/roller and engine held on by 4 bolts going into the motor surrounding the clutch. can that be it?

10. h0tr0d

h0tr0d Member

If that's all there is to it then that's about as simple as it gets. This might be the setup I need for my Slick Daddy.

11. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

That's all there is to it. Best thing about Dimension Edge, simple, easy to install, and effective!

12. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Does the friction roller come away from the tire?
    Or is it always engaged?

Does the motor use a centrifigal clutch?
    How is the friction roller supported by bearings?

A few more pics would be appreciated
    thanks

13. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

Yes, my particular kit uses a centrifigal clutch and no, the rollers do not come away from the tire. You can order this kit from Dimension EDGE or you can call them with any more questions.

14. Zemus DE

Zemus DE Guest

There are two mounting styles... one(like Zip's style) that is always engaged and is used mostly for chopper style bikes. And then there is the "Encore" which has a engagement handle on the handle bars to raise and lower the motor.