Carby adapting a walbro hda 48 to a ht china motor?

dchevygod

Local time
8:20 AM
I'm pretty familiar with the hda carb and I just got a slightly used ht engine idk what cc. I removed the intake manifold and first thing I saw was that the port is way to small on the intake! Like half of the size , so I was thinking that a manifold from a chung yang 460 " has a manifold pulse line " motor would match the head better in size. And the hda carb is tunable, I would need to add a barbed fitting to attach to the carb for the pulse but it is a high flow carb of a 60cc zenoah so it should run good on these lil motors. I'm going to acuire the rest of the parts I need for my first happy time bike then ill try out my carb mod idea.

pulse feed was the easy part. fitting throttle cables air filters and so forth was slightly more challenging.

but when you find the right one, usually either a slider (old school these days) or the fancy half plastic rotating barrel ones (on a lot of small engines now), they work brilliantly. problem is they are all usually 10mm or smaller. you need a 14 or 16 for HT (though it really only makes the difference on top end).

i found the butterfly types next to impossible to setup properly without doing major modifications to things... once again, throttle cable, airfilter, and choke... so i gave up and went back to the stock NT

Back