ADARacing...great parts, lousy personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

augidog

Local time
4:33 AM
i wanted to order the 40cc juice box...called ada to check availability & make debitcard purchase.

ada didn't seem in the mood & said "in stock, order online"

ada checkout processed the (credit card) preauthorization (money gone) but declined the order because the billing address did not EXACTLY match. it didn't EXACTLY match because ada checkout inserted "USA" at the bottom of my address.

ada says "nothing we can do now, you should have made the order when you were on the phone"

now, and i don't know for how long, i don't even have the funds to find another source.

will update.

Aug,

go over to gopednation.com and put up a post and see if someone there can help you.

those guys do alot of buisness generated off that forum.

good luck,
steve

thanks...i'm in the throes of an email battle with ada at the moment...my next move will be to spread the word as you suggested, if i have to.

interestingly, their website onyl lists the 29cc version of the juice box, or am i missing something, i tend to have trouble navigating some sites LOL

ada is not budging...bottom line is i have to wait for the funds to be re-deposited, then i have to hope ada will transact a debit-card over the phone, which is what i initially asked for.

not happy with ada customer service, seems like they've "automated" the personal touch out of doing business. i sure wish i had other options but it looks like they've got the best stuff.

Last edited:
I don't understand how they can get that far (preauthorization) and THEN say the address doesn't match.....that stinks. Nor can I understand why they can't wipe the slate clean.

I will say this from the vendor end - as nice as everyone is, you say engines, bikes, etc (maybe anything really)....and somehow there are a lot of people trying cheezy scams. Maybe they (ADARacing) have all shields up.....

I don't understand how they can get that far (preauthorization) and THEN say the address doesn't match.....that stinks.
nor can i...yes it stinks.

they've offered to run the deal manually "when" i get the funds back...but only as credit...i fear the same result.

the human can't (won't?) go in and override the computer? there is such a thing as too many shields, eh?

edit: i don't wanna be misunderstood...i'm not trying to expect too much, or be a problem-customer...but since i've used similar "checkouts" for years now, i know the card can be a hassle & sometimes be declined. but, i have never before found myself without the funds after the process...and can only conclude it's some extra thingy at ada. i used "lousy personality" in this topic because i think this did boil down to lack of personal attention. if (as they keep asserting to me) a phone order was a sure thing, you'd think i'd hear "look, aug, since i got you on the phone anyway, how about i just take your order now, this way i'll know you're ok"...? i do understand i might've just seen their monday morning personality. so, since i'm pretty excited about using the juice-box (for exhaust, i'm still deciding between "ada/stalker" or "tgn/x-can") as a clean and technically accurate way to add boost, i will try again when i can & report back.

Last edited:
my card company has given me a number that ADA can call to cancel the pre-auth.

i've forwarded the number to ADA.

if ADA doesn't make this call, my money will sit in limbo for the next 6 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back