Adelaide Hills to Beach Ride

schulze 123

Local time
4:08 PM
Hi Troops,
Another motor bicycle rider and I are going on a small journey tomorrow starting from Magill and heading north till we hit the Torrens River. We will then travel up stream along the Linear Park track to the very top and then turn around to follow it all the way to the sea.

Will have lunch at Henley Beach, then head back up stream to Magill. Should be a nice days outing, might catch a few other Adelaide riders if your out and about.

Cheers BJ

Hi Didz,
Working late like that is a bit of a drag but money doesn't grow on trees. If you are up and about, we should be at Henley Square at around 1.00-1.30pm.

Cheers BJ

Hi,
The ride today did not go quite according to plan, after completing about 1/3 of the journey my normally silky smooth and ever reliable motor started to vibrate badly and make some not so pleasent noises. The decision was made to head back while I still had a functioning motor to assist with hills. Strange thing is that the motor still developed good power and torque, will get to the bottom of the mystery when it is stripped down.

Cheers BJ

Hi,
I have borrowed my friends spare motor and fitted it to my bike so we will have a 'Take Two' of our Hills to Beach run on new years day in the morning.

Cheers BJ

The Hills to Beach ride was completed today without any issues, a total journey distance of 83.4kms and enough fuel left in the tank for about another 10-15kms. Despite being New Years Day there were alot of cyclists and walkers on the trail but I did not see any other Motor Bicycles, may you were all resting.
Excellent ride.

Cheers BJ

Back