adult 3 wheel bicycle, GEBE or friction drive Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 stoke usually provides more power for its size, than a 4. But the newer 4 strokes, are nice && no smoke coming back into your face, & much less noise. A nice Honda, or Robin-Subaru would make me happy.

I think the main concern between 2 stokes and 4 strokes in this case is that you have to mix special gas for the 2 stroke and the 4 stroke runs on what comes out of the pump.

Definately think about a 4 stroke for convenience. It might be a bit loud mounted in front but I know there are muffler options out there...

As far as the GEBE stuff is concerned, I would suggest calling them. They have definately done this before and they are super friendly.

What is GEBE ?? I don't think I would mind having to mix the oil/gas for the 2 stroke. AND... I'm not looking to go 30-40mph.. I don't think my 3 wheeler and I would survive :( I simply need help going up the hills. As well as going across town, I wouldn't wear myself out.
I've looked on ebay. I just get confused. I would like to know where to buy.. You all seem to know whats best AND where/what to AVOID.
Thanks Gaylin.

gebe = Golden Eagle Bicycle Engines
probably the best solution for you...
gebe has very good rep for customer service,
the engine is 4stroke so no mixing,
can be front mounted for your trike,
4strokes have better reputation for reliability and longevity
8) 8) 8)

oh, and by the way... I don't particularly like rack mounts just for their looks, but I thought it was what served your purpose best . :)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

I've looked at the site, thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted. Has anyone out there put an engine on their 3 wheeler?
Gaylin

maybe you missed the links i posted earlier...pics of GEBE's on trikes

gaylin: in my travels for some other bike info, i found this...worth a look maybe?

http://www.edgesports.net/item.asp?id=147&desc=robin_subaru_front_mount
41_robin1_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back