Alert!!! 2 stroke chinese engines

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Pauly20782, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Pauly20782

Pauly20782 New Member

If your new chinese 2 stroke motor does not run right,( have to choke it to run, etc) the chinese believe that the carburetor does not need a gasket and it is a slip on clamped down carburetor. As anyone who knows physics will attest to, an air leak will kill a 2 stroke motor. If you buy a chinese 2 stroke motor and it does not have an oring gasket for the carburetor to intake manifold pipe, I advise you to make your own. The easiest way is to apply some silicone glue to the inside rim of the carburetor before installing it on the intake manifold pipe. Good luck to you and happy motor biking.

2. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

these carbs have been installed this way for years on these engines.
    this is not something new that no one knows has been discussed MANY times here.
    did you know that the 49 c.c. engines don't even use the intake tube?
    the carb. is mounted directly to the cylinder with long studs and nuts, and yes, there is a thick gasket between the carb. and the cylinder. i personally think this is a much better set up.
  3. Pauly20782

Pauly20782 New Member

Of course you folks have been doing this for years and are completely aware that chinese stuff is junk. You see, I am brand new to motorized bikes. I just got my very first chinese 2 stroke engine kit. Sorry to be a bother. I'll just shut up.
  4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

5. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

No need to feel like a bother or to shut up.....just one, read, search and read some more.
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

It's all good, Pauly20782! Don't harsh on yourself so bad, I think it's good that you shared something that you know concerning these little engines.
    That particular problem has been known of for years and years, but being you are new here, you did not know that yet.
    Searching posts will help alleviate embarrassment in the future though.
  7. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member Sum Up prep checklist? Happy Time Mounts and Sprockets Hard Clutch non working Kill Switch Rear mount studs broke. fix??? Huffy Cranebrook Best way to secure a gas tank Leaking Head/Gasket Cranbrook Coaster Brake INSTALL much to break in? installing a cylinder together Solution to torqueing China HT engine mounts. No power with Skyhawk 49cc (same for 66cc) First build Were can I get a clutch pin? Clutch roller (a must have item) Break in period? Good site for engine parts schematic
  8. I Thought that this forum was to help people with issues that they have,I don't know how to use this website very well, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHUT UP ! you will find someone to help you with your Issues. But this is true,It's a ***** of a world out there.I buy products from the vendors that sponsor the forum,If we don't buy,there is no forum.If I knew more about your issue I would help you but I don't I'm just a average Joe like you ,Trying to learn.Do your research,than you don't have to ask anyone anything.I usually don't. i KNOW YOU HAVE BEN AROUND THE BLOCK,JUST LIKE ME.I'm 56.