Carby all the sudden bogging

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by dotcom, May 13, 2015.

1. dotcom

dotcom Member

It was riding excellent this last week after I put a new carb and #66 jet but now about 5 days later all the sudden it is bogging at low and high speed and wont go more than 10mph no matter what. I checked the jet and even put a new one, checked the carb and even switched to my old one (that was still in good working condition). I live in Florida so usually I am good with the needle setting at the 2nd from top and I even switched it a couple times, one spot up and one down but that is not helping either.
    Any suggestions?

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

air leak;

crank seals
    head/cylinder junction
    spark plug loose
    intake manifold air leak

dotcom likes this.
  3. dotcom

dotcom Member

I havent checked but if it is the crank seals, how is it possible to remove the old ones without splitting the case

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

not too hard to replace them, but best to check around for some pics of the process (use a search as I don't recall where I saw them)

5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

sometimes you can pry them out with a jewelers screwdriver

6. dotcom

dotcom Member

will there be indications they are bad if they are indeed bad?

7. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

spray soapy water on them (use dish soap) and see if they make bubbles while turning the engine over

8. dotcom

dotcom Member

The crank seal on the magneto side was blown out of place! No need for jewelers screwdriver thank god! Im just concerned if the other seal on the other side needs to be replaced too.

9. dotcom

dotcom Member

Crank seal on mag side replaced. Time for a test ride

10. dotcom

dotcom Member

Test ride successful!