Almost Done!!!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by sts70004, May 1, 2008.

1. sts70004

sts70004 New Member

I've almost got my bike running! I got a 49cc 2-stroke gasoline engine (not sure who makes it, but its not like the whizzer clones that I see on this forum a lot). It has an electric start and I've yet to put on the drive train and fuel tank. I had to custom make my mount, and I learned how to weld to do that(you can see my first welds I've ever done on the mount itself :) I decided to put it together when I decided it'd be cheaper than getting a nice scooter or driving my t-bird back and forth between school and home. Heres what I have done so far, hope you guys like it!

Sean Sage

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

looks good so far
    do you know anything about the engine?
    we might be able to help :D
  3. sts70004

sts70004 New Member

Well here's about all the information on it I have figured out:

-Its 49cc
    -EPA Certified
    -Used on the XG499 GoPed

Whenever I find the engine on shopping sites it simply says:
    "EPA Certified 49cc 2-Stroke Gas Engine"

If anyone has any info about these engines, how well they run, known problems, etc.. I'd be glad to hear it. Also, Anyone know where to get a 6-8" jackshaft and a set of pillowblocks?

4. Check out DAX's site. His Titan carrier may be just the ticket.
    The bike rack mount is a bit scary. It may throw your chain some.
  5. azbill

azbill Active Member

6. sts70004

sts70004 New Member

Thanks a lot for your help. I won't be able to put it all together till the end of summer. It will be a blast to ride when I get back. I'm going home for the summer and my bike unfortunately has to stay in Arizona :( When I get it all put together I'll put more pictures up, maybe even a video or two. I want to put a shifter on it, so I have a low for climbing hills, and a high for better gas mileage on flat ground. Anyone try that and have any good results?

7. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Sorry, I have no answers for the questions you asked.

but it looks to me like you're going to have a fine machine. Good luck.
  8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Good work. Hope you have fun with it. I like the exhaust too.