Almost through with my 2 gallons of ~16:1...what now?

DJEEPER

Local time
8:32 AM
I have been breaking in my engine for the past week now... I have a shifter kit, so i am not over-revving the motor like those with the single 44t sprocket.

I feel more power every time i ride, but i feel i am not seeing the full potential. When i mixed my fuel the first time, i over-did the oil mix, so i KNOW i am running really oily.

What would you all recommend i do next? Step up to 20:1 then to 25:1 then to 30:1?

or should i just take the leap?

What is your recommendation for a very efficient, powerful yet still lubricating mixture?

Thanks!

~DJ:D

Well, I might just be a few weeks ahead of you, but only just. I started with 16:1 and then went to 20:1 after 2 gallons. I rode like that for half a tank and thought I would try a few mixes. Because I have a small tank I put through 32:1 and 25:1 in a few hours. I am now running 25:1 because it gave my ride good power and also at the 25 and 20:1 mixes the engine sounded quieter to me. The engine still ran really great on 32:1 but I was happy that it ran well at 25:1 as its no doubt better for the life of the engine. I also think that every engine is different and air leaks, oil type, engine maker all make a difference to the final mix that is going to give you the best power and life. Try some!

How hot is it where you live?
How long do you stop at a red light?

I am running in a 120 degree environment with signs and lights with . RED LIGHT CAMERAS.
For me a quality 80 percent Synthetic 20 percent Castor AIR cooled oil mixed at NO less than 25 to one is a life saver for the engine.
I am not even running a happytime any more. I put it away to try something new a 460 with a cvt and a freewheel setup.

A lot less work more chain breakage LOL.

I have been breaking in my engine for the past week now... I have a shifter kit, so i am not over-revving the motor like those with the single 44t sprocket.

I feel more power every time i ride, but i feel i am not seeing the full potential. When i mixed my fuel the first time, i over-did the oil mix, so i KNOW i am running really oily.

What would you all recommend i do next? Step up to 20:1 then to 25:1 then to 30:1?

or should i just take the leap?

What is your recommendation for a very efficient, powerful yet still lubricating mixture?

Thanks!

~DJ:D
I have been riding mine for about 3 months now and started at 16:1 first gal. Then went to 20:1 second gal. Now I run 25:1. (8oz/gal. 1st, 6.4oz/gal. 2nd, and now 5.12oz/gal.) I got these mixtures from CSGNetwork.com . (I had to change the needle setting in the carb because I am at 5500 ft above sea level.) It runs fair most of the time depending on weather conditions. I have hit 40mph on a good day, but the last couple of days only hitting 23mph But have not sized it up, YET. (I think it's the weather) Just try 25:1 You should be safe.

Right now on 16:1 (maybe even more like 13:1 because i over did the oil a little by accident...it smokes ALOT) i am able to do 33mph in 3rd gear. The biggest thing im working on right now is getting a 7 speed rear wheel (in the mail tomorrow) so that the jump between the gear shifts isnt so massive. the 1st gear i have now will be like 2nd gear on this next wheel, and the 6th gear will be like the 3rd on the wheel i have now.

I have been riding mine for about 3 months now and started at 16:1 first gal. Then went to 20:1 second gal. Now I run 25:1. (8oz/gal. 1st, 6.4oz/gal. 2nd, and now 5.12oz/gal.) I got these mixtures from CSGNetwork.com . (I had to change the needle setting in the carb because I am at 5500 ft above sea level.) It runs fair most of the time depending on weather conditions. I have hit 40mph on a good day, but the last couple of days only hitting 23mph But have not sized it up, YET. (I think it's the weather) Just try 25:1 You should be safe.

I started at 25:1 and planning to go with 32:1 next time I fill my 2 gallon jug. The original paperwork packed in my kit said to use 40:1 and nothing about break in.

As for altitude, Im at 4500 ft and soldering up the main and redilling to a #74 bit was perfect. Also running needle clip all the way up (lean) and all the midrange could still be leaner. I get fairly consistant 2-stroking at WOT. I did also add the very small bowl to slide hole for a better idle circuit, it worked well. These carbs leave alot to be desired but function okay once they are in the ball park.

Well, in order to step up to the 32:1 i have mixed up 25:1 and added it to the 1/16th of a tank of 14:1 that i had before (guesstimating since i over-oiled it mixture the first time...)

Also installed a 7 speed internal rear wheel...should be a nice improvement all around.

no such thing as luck in this world. In fact, you should MAKE your own LUCK.

25:1 is a lucky number if you are a Chinese 2 stroke engine.. a bigger number will keep green trending westerners feeling good, but not your engine.....

Back