Alternate CDI's ???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Sign Guy, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Sign Guy

Sign Guy New Member

Got my 66cc 2 smoke running a month or so ago and it ran like a cat with it's tail on fire - woohoo! Now I have about 225 miles on it and it's been rough starting since about 150 miles - it's time to seek out the pro's advice.

Reviewing what cracker said about the CDI testing I have no readings when
    + lead is on black wire & - on blue wires (supposed to be 130-150K ohms) or
    + lead on spark plug w/- on blue (135-155k oms) and the last test
    + lead on spark plug and - on black should read 2.5-2.7 and I have 4.5

The bike starts (really hard) I ride about a mile before it fires and the spark is weak but once running it does fairly well. I think I need a new coil. Anyone try one from a high end weed eater or chain saw that might have a better quality than one from these Chinese engine companies? Or any other suggestions? I hate to purchase a part that might go out quickly if I can spend a little bit more for a better quality unit. Bueller? Bueller???

2. G-Superior

G-Superior Member

conections probably? :thinking:
    in the chinese factories where the HT engines are made to reduce cost they dont weld the wires so after a few miles the vibrations makes the conections weak, so the best thing before bying or making anything would be cheking and welding all the conections and also replace the apark plug, wire and the plug boot because they are so cheap that the fail (and good quality ones will last you longer than the whole engine and they are quite cheap!)
    Good Look! :D