Alternative ways to mount the rear sprocket?

powerstroke

Local time
10:25 AM
Hey guys. My wheel is a bit too big and my chain brushes on it. This has caused it to get stuck when I tried to start the bike and pulled the crappy tensioner into the wheel and destroyed it. When I put a new wheel in, I want to do it right this time.

Has anyone made any custom mounts to have the sprocket next to the wheel? Welding? Spacers? surprise me. I'd like to see some pics and hear some ideas of other ways to do this. Perhaps welding on a motorcycle sprocket is an idea.

Cheers

I like (and always use) the crappy tensioners - a bit of work will usually keep chain & wheel in separate places.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181196082385 use one of these tensioners, get a ksinnier tire, and use a manic mechanic sprocket adapter

check the descri8ption, that's not the normal price. you'll be able to get it for $40 in a few days.

sorry for any spelling probl;ems, I' ma little inebriated at the moment. rest assured OI'd give the same advice sober

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Perhaps I could put an extra one or two of these
$_12.JPG

On the sprocket so it sticks out further away from my wheel, and the bearing that the sprocket wraps around, I just use some kind of spacer for that.

Is there any reason why this would not work?

that can help, but remember that you need to balance between rubbing on tire & rubbing on frame

Back