am i glad i found this site

texas

Local time
6:52 PM
Hi everybody im Terry from leeds in the uk.I recently bought a mountain bike with an engine on it it cost me £190 of ebay.Not sure what engine it is all i know is its chinese.Anyway at first i though it was great for the first half hour anyway.I seem to just get problem after problem. first the exhaust fell of then i had trouble with the spark plug Then today i set of on my journey only for the chain to come of, i managed to sought this out after about an hour set of again then got a puncture fixed this then later thought i would go for a spin.this was the worst one yet. the whole engine just jolted and spun round and snaped the spark plug and the wires.the questions i have is im certain there should be more then 1 bracket holding the engine to the bike and how do you stop everything from coming loose i have swaped a few nuts for nylock nuts that seemed to have worked but any solutions would be great.oh and i aint that good when it comes to mechanics.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
Is there any way for you to put a photo of your bike on this site through our "manage attachments" at the bottom of the post page. This way we can get a better idea of your set up.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

i have posted some pictures in the picture gallery on the main bike page.thanks in advance

Welcome aboard! You say that you aren't that good when it comes to mechanics. Well, these little engines will make a mechanic out of you whether you like it or not! :LOL: Don't worry, you'll be able to find a lot of useful information here. Cheers!

Back