Am-trekking

stoppit

Local time
5:25 PM
Does anyone out there have experience with taking your MB on an amtrak train and then getting to your final destination by way of your bike? I've got a bit of free time coming my way this summer and thought it'd be a blast to surprise a couple far flung friends.
Thanks in advance for any comments,
- stoppit

My JavaScript is blinky this morn, I caught a quick glance, looks like they are "checked baggage", there are limited spaces for the various routes....and it blinked off before I could see any motorized limitations.

However, I would think, if the gas is drained beforehand, AND you cleverly design one of those "blankets" that cover the fronts, similar to what race horses use (for frame mounts), or draping something over a rack mount, questions at the station would be minimized.

Be stealthy about it, in other words....

Google "bikes" "Amtrak", and there are some articles.

http://www.google.com/search?q="bik...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I was just perusing over at the GEBE site and there is a gentlemen that takes his GEBE bike on AMTRAK. He said the have bike racks in the baggage car and it cost only $5 extra. As a matter of fact he said the baggage man was extremely interested in his kit. So, there probably is a way. I would certainly think that if the gas was drained there would not be a problem.

Back