Am6 second gear gone

Nipo

Local time
12:40 AM
so few days from now i was just burning some rubber and when i upshifted to second gear it just spinned for a second and dropped to neutral and after that couldn't get it to second gear no violent sounds or anything just dropped to neutral and thats all every other gear works fine no weird sounds coming from the engine but downshifting from 4 to 3 is a pain its either rock hard or sticky so what i mean it when i downshift the gearshifter just stays at the bottom and have to upshift and again downshift and pray so the question is my shift drum just gone bad or what other parts could've gone s**t i havent yet opened the engine but i will soon

Sounds like your best option is to open it up. But from the sounds of it to me, you might be splitting the cases to access the gears. I'm not sure what type of bike you are working on. Could we get a couple pics of said bike. Might help others give a more educated guess.

so few days from now i was just burning some rubber and when i upshifted to second gear it just spinned for a second and dropped to neutral and after that couldn't get it to second gear no violent sounds or anything just dropped to neutral and thats all every other gear works fine no weird sounds coming from the engine but downshifting from 4 to 3 is a pain its either rock hard or sticky so what i mean it when i downshift the gearshifter just stays at the bottom and have to upshift and again downshift and pray so the question is my shift drum just gone bad or what other parts could've gone s**t i havent yet opened the engine but i will soon
Did a little research but found no water-cooled AM6 engines with a built-in shiftable transmission. So yeah, pictures would be helpful.

Not too popular in the USA but they’re out there…

Attachments

• IMG_5823.png
    IMG_5823.png
    261.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5824.png
    IMG_5824.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 79
Back