Tires Amerityre - The Pros and the Cons

The Town And Country tires are available in 2.1, and I think also 2.25.

http://www.neetc.org/44-continental-town-country-urban-bicycle-tire.html

http://www.amazon.com/Continental-C...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000FK935I

$40 each for the 2.1 on Amazon.

The comments say the production has moved from Germany to India, and now they are more generic in construction. I think I'd have to see them before I'd give $40. I used to love conti road tires though! Even the $20 ones were great and fast rolling.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For a set of mountain bike slicks, those look pretty good.

Whenever I can be an advocate for rock hard tires, I try to be there. :D

I still won't trust my traction with a motorized tho.

Mainly because of the hard braking requirements around the cars here. In the event of a rough rodeo I need all the edge I can get. Our city's gutters are rough as all heck. Enough to chatter the teeth outta my head.lol I run a motorized pretty hard my front and rear disk brakes help a bunch. We have wind here and a desert environment that puts sand onto the asphalt in surprising spots too. If I was out of the city then yep more better.

I have wore knees from crawling around fixing cars and the lot. My peddler will prolly get a little face lift tho.:cool:

My dream build is actually to do up a touring bike with 27inch wheels. Bit higher speed with the larger wheel, low weight, and as I mentioned, the ability to cram 80 pounds into it. It'd be the closest thing to zero drag you can get to on a motorized bike.

And if it's not so great a ride after it's said and done... it'd be on a 35 year old peugeot just for nostalgia's sake.

Are you going to use the foam tires on the 27's?

There are some cool threads on motorized road bikes. I think its a great idea because there are tons of cheap 27 and 26" old style road bikes in pawn stores, good will, garage sales. They suck compared to most new 700c sleek and light road machines, but seem prime for a motor. The instructions to my kit showed it on one, and said that most of them are prime candidates since the frame tues are steel and small diameter.

Seems the only downside really is that at 40mph you will really get jostled around, and any obstacle becomes dynamite to a road bike at that speed.

Nooo.

Dunno if they make em even, but I don't care.

Rock hard and near ABSOLUTE zero drag is really only achievable on 12 speeds and airfilled tires.

I know, but I'm a speed freak - I can't stand heights and deep water, but fast and a straight shot I love. I wouldn't want to do a carbon fiber frame anyways, they're too light. And yes, the tube frame is about perfect! That's what I thought of when I first saw the HT motor mount. Though, what jostles you is the fact is light and you're high. An extra 20-25 pounds lower in the frame will lower the center of balance and give you more coordination in theory.

Hey - with a 66cc and a gear kit, should be able to get jostled at almost 50. ^_^

?
Your p0riofile used to used that you were 21 what happened was it typo ?

Nope, never been 21 except back in '07 '08, and I wasn't here in MBc then. There was a time a month ago where I had 11 posts...

24 is how old I am, but in case you're referring to the "35 year old Peugeot", that's just what's in my price range. All I can afford, and it's what I'm most comfortable on. They made a lot of 12 speeds 35 years ago, and I've owned 3. Unfortunately, it would be tricky to get the throttle grip onto those horns, which makes me wonder what bars they were using in his kit guide.

Nope, never been 21 except back in '07 '08, and I wasn't here in MBc then. There was a time a month ago where I had 11 posts...

24 is how old I am, but in case you're referring to the "35 year old Peugeot", that's just what's in my price range. All I can afford, and it's what I'm most comfortable on. They made a lot of 12 speeds 35 years ago, and I've owned 3. Unfortunately, it would be tricky to get the throttle grip onto those horns, which makes me wonder what bars they were using in his kit guide.

Got any pictures?

Back