An accurate, good speedometer for MBs?

bikejock

Local time
7:19 AM
I'm in the market for an accurate digital speedometer for my bike. I currently have a Sun Ding digital speedometer I got online for $15 on my motorized MTB but it seems to be inaccurate or just defective. I hit my top speed which should be 25 mph easily but it goes to 20 then back to 9 then back to 20. Seems to have trouble making heads or tails at higher speeds.

There's also a rattling sound coming from the inside of it which might be why its having trouble reading my true speeds. So anyone know of a good digital speedometer for a motorized bike preferably with a back light & a mph setting & good for higher speeds? I would probably be willing to spend $30 on a decent one.

I looked at all those. I ended up using my smart phone. Bought a mount and installed a free speedometer app. I also mounted a Beats pill so I run pandora on my phone and have my speedometer in big bold numbers. It holds top speed, average, miles logged and a bunch other stuff I have no clue how to use. Not a tech person over here. Lol
It's also pretty cool as if someone calls me, I can hit a button and talk to them through the Beats pill while I'm still riding. It all looks pretty cool mounted on the bars as well.

dont place them ANYWHERE near the ignition system is a good one... use a resistor plug, cap and silicon resistive wire, all helps cut down on EMI

I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but with the speedometers that use magnets, it doesn't seem to work when they get wet...

I looked at all those. I ended up using my smart phone. Bought a mount and installed a free speedometer app. I also mounted a Beats pill so I run pandora on my phone and have my speedometer in big bold numbers. It holds top speed, average, miles logged and a bunch other stuff I have no clue how to use. Not a tech person over here. Lol
It's also pretty cool as if someone calls me, I can hit a button and talk to them through the Beats pill while I'm still riding. It all looks pretty cool mounted on the bars as well.

Haha yeah man that's what I'm doing. I'm pretty much over the crappy spedos they have online. Plus you get to listen to music lol in my opinion I think it's the way to go

what app are you using? i have an iphone with android

Back