An overdue intro

fivestar45

Local time
6:54 AM
Time to say Hi. I did things a bit backwards as I posted some replies before I did my intro.
O K..I'm a retiree, and have been an over active Hot Rodder and engine builder most of my life.
In the late 50's I started to get interested in motorized bikes Since then I''ve had
a 1953 Whizzer Sportsman, a pair of Cox Bronco add on's,and a Chinese Whizzer.
Right know I'm finishing off Staton Friction Drive with s 43cc Zenoah.
That's about it for me.
I am looking forward to learning, and sharing some knowledge.

Time to say Hi. I did things a bit backwards as I posted some replies before I did my intro.
O K..I'm a retiree, and have been an over active Hot Rodder and engine builder most of my life.
In the late 50's I started to get interested in motorized bikes Since then I''ve had
a 1953 Whizzer Sportsman, a pair of Cox Bronco add on's,and a Chinese Whizzer.
Right know I'm finishing off Staton Friction Drive with s 43cc Zenoah.
That's about it for me.
I am looking forward to learning, and sharing some knowledge.
Welcome to the Asylum
The most dangerous thing on a M/B is the WingNut that connects the seat to the handle bars :LOL:
Pics of your the friction drive your working on would be cool
If you have any old pics of your 53 Sportsman to share we would love to see em (y)

Well, for all of my now CO-WINGNUTS ...
Here's probably the pic of my Whizzer Sportsman with 15yr old me in the front and my younger sister on the buddy seat. Finding this now reminds me of all of the time and "Goodies" I put into that bike, a re-paint, chrome wing tips and fender rails, windshield, crash bars and in the Go dept. a full 700 series conversion , Hi fin head, dyno on the right side crankcase, new Tillotson carb, and German 4 Spade roller crank.
The other pic. is the 24" Chi Whizzer I had after I went over it a bit.
Actually it was a "Cruiser".
In the next few days I'll try to get a few pic's of the Staton F/D I pretty much have finished.

Attachments

• Whizzer Sport.jpg
    Whizzer Sport.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Chi Whizzer.JPG
    Chi Whizzer.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 55