announcement of illegal and non-EPA engines

Diffrent take on this issue

Hello,
I know I'm the new guy but after looking through this web site and people asking if they are "Legal " or not with most people not I find it amusing we are even worried about the EPA. Personally I think it's better for me to use a little gas to move my 220 lbs around on a 49cc 2 cycle motor with little puffs of smoke the for some 110 lbs lady to climb into a 4500 lbs SUV to go get her nails done. With that said I also feel that the whole premise for the reduction of CO2 is flawed science and feel global warming is a scam to give Al gore something to do

Matt

Well...if someone is selectively reporting vendors for ulterior motives or personal gain, then that isn't right either.......
I really do hope that nobody reports any vendors on this site, or eBay. These folks are just trying to earn some money. Yes, we are a nation built on laws. If I see someone breaking into my neighbors house, or someone being assaulted, you're darn right I will step in and do something about it. I will not report someone to the federal government because they see a way to make money and sell an item that saves fuel and provides fun transportation just because it doesn't burn as clean as the EPA/CARB "save a polar bear" dweebs say it should.

Spooky tooth cycles is a sponsor of this site, and I doubt he appreciates the people sportin' their new signatures! Dax, bluecollarbikes, and other vendors provide these forums with valuable information and resources for the MB community along with providing kits at reasonable prices. Now the admins of the site are basically threatening to turn them in? Please tell me that I'm missing something here! :eek:

WoW, To me such action would be like calling the cops on the house wife who has a fake desighner purse. Or the person who gets 2 bags of chips out of a vending machine for the price of one. Being a tattle tale like that reminds me of my grouchy old neighbor who calls the city on people if there grass is over 2" tall.

Hmmmm.......Most of these bikes are illegal in most states anyways. I wonder if all these bike owners EPA aproved or not will be reported next.

If your really against these motors just dont but them. Hey even encourage others not to buy them either, most of them suck anyways. To raise you hand, flag down the man and be a stoolie is just plain wrong. Don't be mean cause mean people suck.

i am seeing more ht kits that are epa on e-bay , will that work , do i need to get a new epa exhaust on my current ht. i think none frame mounts look *** . you need to get a girl bike to get in

i am seeing more ht kits that are epa on e-bay , will that work , do i need to get a new epa exhaust on my current ht. i think none frame mounts look *** . you need to get a girl bike to get in

I think part of the issue is that some folks think that the compliance labels are not genuine, and the engines are illegal.

holy carp

Hmmm. I dunno personal attack on the net are never cool... Threats are never cool.

I live by a simple rule- let me mind my business and I'll let you mind your business. If however your business interferes with my business (or my wallet) well thats a different story.

If I'm buying something and the vendor tells me one thing and it isn't it, you can bet I'm going to be a little perturbed and want a refund, call the authorities... Depends. I'm more likely to report some one to the BBB for selling me something on the basis of a lie. I have in the past gotten the AG involved. But that was a situation where I was being defrauded and it affected my wallet.

If in this case the engines are not actually EPA compliant or illegally imported then your being defrauded. I don't like being lied to. It isn't cool.

However am I going to report any other rider for riding a non compliant engine, he!! no! 'cause then I'd be interfering in you business and that isn't cool. But if I'm sold an engine that claims to be legal/compliant and I find out it isn't.... That's when the trouble starts.

The out of control and overly powerful government does not, NOT need a bunch of helpers to cause grief to people that are just surviving and trying to use less gas than they were. I think I am way to open to someone that wants to turn me in for using or selling a 50 cc motor that does not meet a green party perception of what is cool. Freedom has it's responsibilities and is not understood by the majority of free people. You are free to give away power to the government but you may not be able to get a motor at all soon if some people have their way. I really am not too comfortable expressing my honest opinion to a group where it is encouraged to turn me in to officials for this kind of thing. This is not a friendly environment at this time. Maybe it will pass but I hope somebody does not make up a story on me and try to put me in jail.

Last edited:
im sorry if the issue of non compliance bugs you all ,the fact is a lot of us started out on happytimes & there low cost. & those of us who have several blown up happytimes laying around know the difference. the truth of the matter is the planet is dying because of the lack of concern that we all need to do our part! sooner or later all non compliant 2 strokes will be banned, this is a fact all must face sooner or later, -ostrich syndrome comes to mind- it is my deepest wish to further the movement of motoredbikes as a real means of transportation for the masses.its fun to play & be cool & such but come on folks lets get real here, some of us take the movement very very seriously!!! i know its cheap to do the chinese thing & the vendors are proveing it every day with lower prices of kits as they know the shut down of non compliant engines is on the way! this is the reality of it all !! im not trying to spoil anybodys fun, im just a realist!! do we really care about our enviroment?

Wavy,

I did not see what you are riding as your profile neglects to tell. Below is what I found at Tom's profile. Not too encouraging as he is using a legal? motor and wants us to turn in people for not using legal stuff. This may be you all's way to clean up planet earth but you really can do better. Throw the motors away and ride a bike. I have ridden 100,000 miles and am not planning on throwing any gas guzzling members here into jail or worse yet your friendly out of control unjust justice system to decide how much they can squeeze out of you. I will encourage people to ride and to make the best equipment available that they can afford. You might just encourage Americans to dig up their own oil rather than going overseas to everybody else's house to pollute. You guys are dead wrong about this. Report me as I have a subaru EHO35 I rode 60+ miles today, and I probably was only below 20 mph a few times. I'm sure you can find something wrong with my actions relative to your home.

* About Tom

Engine Type
Chinese "80cc"
Interests
Motorized bicycles, cars, dirtbikes
Occupation
Student

* Signature

I support only Legal and EPA engines.
Please report suspected vendors violating EPA laws.
And report suspected customs violations.
Put this in your signature if you also support only legal engines.

.......the truth of the matter is the planet is dying because of the lack of concern that we all need to do our part!.......

.....it is my deepest wish to further the movement of motoredbikes as a real means of transportation for the masses.its fun to play & be cool & such but come on folks lets get real here, some of us take the movement very very seriously!!!......

...... im just a realist!! do we really care about our enviroment?

The planet is just fine. It was fine before humans were around, and it'll be fine after were gone.

If you think banning "non-compliant" engines is going to help the MB "movement" as you call it, I think you might be wrong. MB's will probably be regulated out of existence because of concern for the environment. You see, "compliant" engines will get more and more complex and expensive as emission regulations get tighter and tighter - like a noose around MB's neck. Bike kits will no longer have any price advantage over a factory built scooter or moped.

As far as the "do we really care about the environment?" goes, if you really cared - you would ride the bike without an engine or drive an SUV because the SUV would pollute less. (except for CO2 emissions) Small utility engines in general are a lot "dirtier" than a modern electronically fuel injected, double catalyzed, computer controlled car engine. ;)

Back