Another Crazy Motorbike

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DetroitChoppers, Nov 24, 2009.

1. DetroitChoppers

DetroitChoppers New Member

A motorbike that i have been working on this summer! Jesse James West Coast bike. Rear of the bike has been widened 2 inches to fit a schwinn stingray rear wheel. It rides really nice but the ape hanger took a little getting used to. Motor is a honda gx160 5.5hp that has been upgraded to make 13hp. The bike cruises real nice at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and about 60 mph after that it gets a little scary!

Hope u enjoy my bikes.

Currently working on a three wheeled industrial bike i should have some pics soon

Attached Files:

2. spunout

spunout Member

oh MAN...nice work!
    love it.:)

3. clay

clay Member

what did you "upgrade" to double the horsepwer?

4. DetroitChoppers

big cam shaft, 22mm mikuni carb, 8 degree advance timing, 28lb valve springs, lightened the fly wheel, smaller fan, port and polish intake and exhaust ports, 0.10 thick head gaskest

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

What do you think you would do to hop up a Honda GXH50? Same type of stuff? Do you know of a carb that would be an upgrade for a 50cc engine without over-carbing it? I'm thinking of bumping up the compression. Runs perfect on 87 octane and I would gladly buy 93 if needed...as much gas as I use.

Great bike!!!

6. DetroitChoppers

you can put any carb on any motor as long as u make or buy a intake tube to match the motor and carb bolt patterns! Check out NR-RACING.COM They have all kinds of mods for honda engines

7. stude13

stude13 Active Member

i like it.

8. happycheapskate

happycheapskate Active Member

Your pedals fell off.

9. mdross1

mdross1 Member

Seat looks like a short hop style,but neat none the less.

10. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

thanks... now my nephew wants me to build him one of these.