Another FNG from SoCal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by OCLandspeeder, Jul 7, 2009.

1. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder Member

Hello to all.

I have been lurking for a while on this site, learning, reading, watching, enjoying the builds, etc. So far, I do not have a motorized bicycle but I am working on it. I am not new to cycling and currently own a sportbike. However, the idea of a motorized bicycle has intrigued me for a long time. Since I live in south Orange County, CA, which is very hilly, it has pushed me to purchase a motorized bicycle to "flatten" the hills so to speak.

I hope you are all patient with my questions that are coming right up!

2. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Welcome! it is a much more affordable hobby than sport biking!

3. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder Member

ABSOLUTELY!

I can tell you the overall cost of riding sportbikes on a regular basis but most of you will just freak! Well, it's not as much as a monthly car payment but it's close!

Another plus that I think I will enjoy about motorized biking is that I won't have to register the thing or insure it! Icing on the cake is I shouldn't have to worry about speeding tickets either!

I think it's a win-win situation. Even the wife doesn't seem to mind. She says it will keep me home or close to home more often. Maybe.....

4. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

well, speeding tickets depends on where you ride. I can break the speed limit in a lot of areas :)

I have lots of experience building hot-rods. I have a 10 second Camaro and a Buick Grand National for a driver. My last motorcycle was a 2001 F4i. I feel your pain LOL. I know lots of guys want to go dirt cheap on these bikes, but the me, if I blow up the whole engine, droppng a new one on for $100 is no big deal LOL.

5. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Hello and welcome to MBc. Quite a few here from the southland, you're in good company.
    Ask away, lots of folks will kindly offer assistance if they can. Ride safe and responsibly.

6. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder Member

Thanks.

I did notice quite a few Socal members here. I'm glad. Great place to own and ride motorized bicycles!

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome from down San Diego way

MM