Another FNG from SoCal

OCLandspeeder

Local time
5:56 PM
Hello to all.

I have been lurking for a while on this site, learning, reading, watching, enjoying the builds, etc. So far, I do not have a motorized bicycle but I am working on it. I am not new to cycling and currently own a sportbike. However, the idea of a motorized bicycle has intrigued me for a long time. Since I live in south Orange County, CA, which is very hilly, it has pushed me to purchase a motorized bicycle to "flatten" the hills so to speak.

I hope you are all patient with my questions that are coming right up!

ABSOLUTELY!

I can tell you the overall cost of riding sportbikes on a regular basis but most of you will just freak! Well, it's not as much as a monthly car payment but it's close!

Another plus that I think I will enjoy about motorized biking is that I won't have to register the thing or insure it! Icing on the cake is I shouldn't have to worry about speeding tickets either!

I think it's a win-win situation. Even the wife doesn't seem to mind. She says it will keep me home or close to home more often. Maybe.....

well, speeding tickets depends on where you ride. I can break the speed limit in a lot of areas :)

I have lots of experience building hot-rods. I have a 10 second Camaro and a Buick Grand National for a driver. My last motorcycle was a 2001 F4i. I feel your pain LOL. I know lots of guys want to go dirt cheap on these bikes, but the me, if I blow up the whole engine, droppng a new one on for $100 is no big deal LOL.

Hello and welcome to MBc. Quite a few here from the southland, you're in good company.
Ask away, lots of folks will kindly offer assistance if they can. Ride safe and responsibly.

Back