Tubes Another Freakin' flat tire!

Yes I had a problem with flats too. Turns out, using the old rubber spoke guard from another rim was a BAD idea, it moved around. But the big problem, I think was the 1 size fits all Walmart tube (no slime) which is too long for a 26" tire - I think they say for both 26" and 27". I ended up going to a tire shop (probably not somehting to admit) where they put on the CORRECT size innertube, and I noticed that they partially inflated it when installing as indicated above, also installed a new rim strip.

I like the idea of Kevlar tire, but would also rather have a balloon tire, which I have been unable to find at walmart. Go figure.

Yeah, I like the whole retro-look of my cruiser with the big whitewalls...I just passed by the bike shop and picked up the Tuff inserts...which eliminates the need for the Kevlar tires...but I took some time looking at the expensive bikes there - HOLY MOLY - I thought my RC hobby was expensive! I saw some really killer $4000+ bikes there! Really nice, but way beyond the my scope for biking...but they're all dying to see my cruiser, so I'll ride it by there on the way home. :) (Cause it's COOL, right Large??? :))

I still want to pick up a rear rack and some springer forks for the front, and then I'm done! I just need to do a bunch of research and try to find out if my forks are Schwinn compatible or not...the Kulana Moon Dog is made by Pacific, and they also make Schwinns...so I'm hoping its the same animal with a different name. (Can anyone confirm this for me?)

OK, really looking forward to my ride home! :)
Mark

Now the FRONT tire is flat!!!

Guys, it's been fun...but I'm selling my bike. I cannot depend on it...have no clue as to why now the front tire went flat. I am not willing to put any more time or money into it. I will be changing the front tire out in a few minutes.

Maybe my 215lbs is too much for it at 20mph?
Maybe bikes should stay as bikes?

I don't know...but the first $450 takes it (you have to come pick it up, and I will fix the tire and make sure it's 100% PERFECT.

I have added to it:
Schwinn Light: $15
Schwinn Big-A$$ comfy seat: $20
A large front zipper-bag: 20
Speedometer: $15
Protective tire inserts: $20
Self Sealing Schwinn Tubes in the tires: $30
Bike Fix-a-flat: $6
------------------------------
$126

I have $106 into for the Pacific Kulana Moon Dog bike itself.
I have about $180 or so into the motor and kit. Everything works perfectly.

It is built meticulously, and with love.
$450 gets a brand new bike, Motor with about 40 miles on it, ready to ride immediately.

If you're interested, I live in South Florida, in Palm Beach.
Call Mark: 561-248-6974

I'm buying a motorcycle.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Mark Turkel

You can have BOTH,Mark. The motorcycle for commuting and the Motoredbike for the weekends and getting a pack of gum at the convenience store.
I weigh in at 270 at the moment so weight is not a factor here.
You just had a string of bad luck.
I would actually like a Motorcycle again myself for when I need to be somewhere and I don't have all day to get there.

How often do you all get flat tires? And why are mine going bad from the inside? I'm afraid to ride up to the convenience store at this point...

Check into Stan's Tubeless System. I've successfully used this product during my mountainbike racing days. Basically you are turning a standard tire & rim into a tubeless setup with a special latex sealant, tape to cover the spoke holes & special schraeder valve. Its inexpensive, stops flats & has less rolling resistance. -Cheers-

The roads in Bullhead city are so bad I had to go to NO-MORE-FLATS at $19.00 each they cost more than my bicycle.
I now buzz everything.
LOL.

Back