Another from SoCal :-D

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by OldPete, May 23, 2007.

1. OldPete

OldPete Guest

I'll be a young 60 this July but riding into the onshore wind in the early afternoon has been a killer (knees mostly). A Google brought up this site about two weeks ago and I have read posts here for atleast an hour each day.

I turned wrenches for 40+years, mostly diesel truck, cranes and oil field work. Being a mobil mechanic was the best as it offered freedom and one HAD to be on their game (you gotta be sharp or suffer). I did not suffer. :cool:

In the past I have restored several British sports cars, a couple Brit bikes and at present have a '79 Moto Guzzi that needs finishing and a '77 900SS Ducati waiting its turn. I'm not rich...just crazy. ;-)

It's a late '90s lime green Specialized Stumpjumper hardtail that needs a GEBE kit. I will post asking about what way to go. I have a late '70s Medici 10 speed that needs cleaning up. It was given to me. This will be my light rider.

bama, your travels on a pedal assisted bike are an insperation. I have toured by motorcycle but by bicycle?...I may have to try that myself.

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

wow, i haven't gotten to post the first howdy in a long time :p

hey, Ol' Pete! we're glad you found us, enjoy the forum...

welcome to MBc 8)
  3. spunout

spunout Member

Welcome Ol' Pete! 8)
  4. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Hi Ol, Pete...
  5. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Thanks for the welcomes. Soda pop all around! Drink up. :cool:
  6. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest