Another Idea For Lights

yamaslo

Local time
6:22 AM
I read a lot of lighting threads but not really impressed by any. Here is one that should work but need somebody that knows some electronics .
The 50+ led lights put out plenty on 3 aa cells ( thats 4.5 v ) & will burn a long time - longer than most of us ride a night anyway. We could hook the white wire to the + terminal & ground to the - post, & use 2000 mah nickel metal hydride cells. need some kind of diode to get the dc & some kind of cut off so at low rpm the batteries won't discharge. How about it?

Here's what I did for LED lighting:

White wire goes to a 6v filament light bulb from a flashlight, this is to act as current limiter and fuse in case of short circuit and is wired in series with the circuit as any fuse would be. From the bulb to a diode to prevent reverse current from the 6v NIMH battery connected after the diode. Then there is a switch after the battery running to 10 LED's in front and 5 in back. I decided not to add a switch before the battery to prevent overcharge because the battery is a rusty old part pulled from an RC UFO toy. The front LED's are 20000 MCD ultra bright with 2 resistors limiting voltage to about 3.8v. I think they were 47 ohm 1/2 watt, each powering 5 LED's in parallel. The red rear LED's have a 100 ohm resistor. Plenty bright for my needs. Total power draw is about 0.7 Watts.

Back