Another New Guy From NY?

Gasoline Fumes

Local time
5:48 PM
Hi everybody! I hope moped owners are welcome here! They're like bicycles, just easier to register! :) I have a 1977 Motobecane Mobylette with no engine and this seems like a great site for researching small engines. I'd rather have a modern 4-stroke vs. a 31 year old 2-stroke on the 'ped. I'm liking the GXH50. I'll do my best to litter the forum with annoying newbie questions! :devilish:

I like the sprocket smilies! :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_6587s.jpg
    IMG_6587s.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 107
hey GF, welcome aboard
there is a ton of info here and helpful people
can't wait to see that thing with a motor in it
good luck and happy motoring

Looks like a nice project to get that puppy going again. From what I gather, this is the right place for expert advise. Looks like you have a solid foundation to build upon. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the final product.

Did that originally come with pedals? You should use it like a bicycle for a while. Then when you get your engine pedaling wouldn't seem so hard!

That's a pretty cool looking bike!

Did that originally come with pedals? You should use it like a bicycle for a while. Then when you get your engine pedaling wouldn't seem so hard!

That's a pretty cool looking bike!

It had one bent pedal when I got it. They go right on the same shaft as the large pulley. There are bicycle sprockets on the other side of the bike. I'll probably put pedals back on it, but I doubt I'll be pedalling it very far. It's a lot heavier than a bicycle and the gearing is almost 1:1. I'd be going nowhere fast. :LOL:

I have a '67 Schwinn for those times I want to pedal.

Does anybody think the GXH50 would get this 'ped going about 45 MPH on flat ground? Most of these 70s mopeds did about 30 with their 49cc 2-strokes. Everything's far away where I live, I need to go faster. :D

Back