Another Oregonian joins the forum.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HopRunner, Oct 19, 2008.

1. HopRunner

HopRunner New Member

Hey Folks

This is Ross from Corvallis. I use HopRunner because I am a homebrewer and HopRunner Brewing is what I call my garage "brewery". It is just for fun not a real brewery, maybe I will start up HopRunner Cycles in the same way.... ya know, just for fun and not an actual business.

In real life I am a tooling designer and machine builder for a big heartless international corporation that will remain un-named. Mostly CAD and computer control of electro/mechanical devices and sensors. I've done my share of machine shop work and welding also.

I do not have a motorized bike at this time. I am an avid bicyclist and have several bicycles.

If I can ever get some free time, what I want to do is make one of those motorized bikes that look like the old Harley Davidsons and such. I have seen a few on this forum and I think they are very cool.

I don't know when I will get around to this project but it is on my short list of things to do!

Thanks and I hope to make some friends here,
    Ross - HopRunner

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Corn Valley, eh? That big heartless corp wouldn't be CH2M-Hill, would it?

No need to answer that. I did my undergrad work at OSU about 3 decades ago, and have visited there many times since (last time was Oct of 2006). I really like Corvallis/Philomath and the surrounding area.

Keep in mind, Corvallis requires you to register your bike - I don't know how city officials view motorized bikes. Your project sounds like fun - good luck with it. There is tons of help withj vintage repro style bikes here.

3. JE

JE Guest

Welcome to the Forem. Justin from Woodburn Oregon

4. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Welcome, with your background a project should be a cinch.

Heard good things about Corvallis, "heart of the valley" (corazon valle), thought a time or two about checking it out, maybe swapping this valley for that.

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Welcome

Look Around -- Get Some Good Ideas -- Let Us Know When You Are

Riding That Thing

6. terrence

terrence Member

Welcome Ross. If you start a build and run into a snag, give a yell and someone should have an answer. Good day to ya. terrence

7. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Hi Ross. Good to see another Oregonian added to the shuffle.

8. HopRunner

HopRunner New Member

Hey thanks everyone.

SimpleSimon - No... the other Heartless Corporation in town...

Does anyone make a new 4 stroke engine that has that old motorcycle single cylinder look? I'm not looking for a replica, just something that looks similar.

Can someone point me to a link that explains where the cut-off is between a motorized bike and a motorcycle, or moped?

Nice to meet you folks.
    Ross

9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

look under Laws and Leg

yes Ross -- you will find it all under laws and leg

in Calif motorized bicycle -- not over 2hp with pedals
    moped -- over 2hp with pedals
    motor driven cycle -- up to 160cc
    motor cycle -- 160cc and above

may not be exact -- always check DMV of your state to be sure -- as you

ride that thing

10. Greetings from Milwaukie, OR!

11. Dadkins1

Dadkins1 Member

Hi Ross, I'm formerly from Bend - but spent a lot of time in the "valley" sounds like you will have no problems whipping up the Simu-Harley. Can't wait to see it -Good luck !
    Dave