Stolen Another stolen motored bike

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by motorbikemike45, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Last night someone cut the padlock off my basement door and stole my bike. They had best hope I don't catch them.

2. spad4me

spad4me Member

Sorry about about your loss.

Check craigs list.
  3. thx11382000

thx11382000 New Member

They used to shoot horse thieves, didn't they?
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

hang 'em from the nearest stout branch !!!
    after you lay a nice beating on 'em ;)
  5. Thatperson

Thatperson Member

Hey motorbikemike45, do you have any pics? I will be up that way in 2 weeks and I'll keep an eye out for ya.

I have had one attempt to get my bikes. Guy tried cutting the lock off my shed. He is waiting for his court date to find out how long he has to sit in jail! :evilgrin:
  6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I am sorry to hear that your ride was stolen. I HATE thieves!
    I have a few ideas for 'em!:devilish:
    I hope that you get it back soon, or at least find out who has it or where it is!
  7. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

once he is in jail, do you get to poke at him with a stick?
  8. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Hopefully a very wicked pointy stick!
  9. Thatperson

Thatperson Member

Nah, I just want to use a nice big blunt baseball bat. :devilish:
  10. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Hehehe!:evilgrin: Axe handle!
  11. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  12. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

for $90, it had BETTER be an amazing lock...
  13. crowvise

crowvise Member

The regular $20 kryptonite U bolt will insure your bike for up to $750. Make sure to keep the receipt- part of their insurance claim. Does this model insure? If so how much?
  14. danlandberg

danlandberg Member

I think a Taser to the genital area would work, hanging from a tree, in the sights of a high powered fire arm! They would be left to stealing girls bikes & tricycles. If my 5 year old daughter caught a thief, She would not be so easy on them!!!
  15. Apachekid

Apachekid Member

Excellent idea, Dan. I've got an 11 yr old daughter whos lost 2 bikes and I've had to explain to her about the rats who steal kids bikes....of course a child thinks it was her fault, until you explain it was not. Guaranteed 2 crushed kneecaps if I ever catch one.:devilish: At Walmart, I get the greeter to watch my bike...I buy him a soda. I got a Kryptonite $40 lock which will take 30 minutes to cut thru, with people watching...... Cheers,Apache
  16. arkives1

arkives1 Member

another stolen bike

I'm sorry to hear of your burglary Mike. I hope the perp gets what's coming to him. Do you think it was someone you know and knew where the bike was kept?
    I lost one back in June to a slick thief but at least he left a nice bike behind which police place a value of about 600 bucks on. So far the bike is in police possession and will remain there until mid december at which time I can claim it. No one has reported that one stolen. I don't think police even looked for mine as motorized bikes are rare around here and it was a unique bike.
    I hope you get yours back but wouldn't hold my breath.
  17. crowvise

crowvise Member

Does their/your $40 model insure against theft? I've seen about 3 different krypnonite locks, two costing more than the $20 u-bolt, and none of those insure against theft. If yours does, how much coverage?
  18. Apachekid

Apachekid Member

Actually, Crow, I was wrong. I was thinking about Kryptonite lock, but bought an OnGuard 3/4" cable. Something to slow em down. Didn't know about theft coverage then.:tt1: That's good to know.
    I always tie up my bike where there's a lot of people looking at it, including me if I'm going to eat something.......I don't leave it too long or I park it inside. You gotta tie em up every time you leave em. The one time you don't tie your bike to something around here, it's gone..Houston's full of behind your back chicken s--- punks.
  19. RedBaronX

RedBaronX Member

I have an OnGuard U lock that came with a cable as of both worlds. I guess make sure you U lock the frame to a solid post and then use the cable to lock in the front wheel...
  20. I have a decent lock. And where I live if anyone stole my bike people would know. Not a huge town, and my older brothers friends are pretty big.