Another stupid mistake

Local time
5:01 AM
I was riding to fast and to close to a curb down hill. Remember that more stupidity will come.
Of I hadn't been wea ring a helmet, jeans, and a leather jacket I could have been a lot worse than this.
Another reason to have brakes.

Attachments

• 20161028_163952.jpg
    20161028_163952.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 270
I'm guessing you clipped the curb and took a dive? Sorry but brakes don't help you stay away from the curb, you use your handlebars.

Can I suggest you put the brakes from the rear on the front and adjust them accordingly. At least then you'll have more braking power where it's needed.

If you are going too fast downhill, you also have an entire engine available to you to stop you. Hold the kill switch if you must, if the engine isn't firing and you don't hold the clutch then your bike will fight the motor, acting as a form of a brake since you are using direct drive. It's not the best brake in the world, but it is a huge amount of resistance to overcome. Ever try starting your bike without holding the clutch in first? Just get on and pedal? You'll notice quickly that it feels like your squeezing the brakes and turning the pedals over will be hard to do. Same effect at 40mph down hill.

It's not like we want you to die you know, so just try to make it easier to stop so you don't. I even moded a double pull brake on a bike, drilled a tiny hole in the brake lever and then a larger one for the adjustment barrel on the main body. Stuck a cable through and a housing for it on the outside, and routed it to the front brake. It was a cheapo design but it was better than letting a friend roll out with a single brake lever, I also adjusted so front brake made contact first. It lasted a good 4 months too before the cable housing started to pull through.

Back