Antique Ad

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by fylerc1, Jul 15, 2008.

1. fylerc1

fylerc1 New Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008

2. datz510

datz510 Member

How cool is that!! :)

I just love seeing all the historical stuff related to motored biking.

Everytime someone with a motorcycle pokes fun at my motored bike, I remind them that these things are where their motorcycles came from.
  3. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

I want it !!
  4. jpcourtney

jpcourtney Member

5. DougC

DougC Guest

That thing would be HORRIBLE to ride, the pedals are set directly under the seat!
  6. Ozi

Ozi Member

Very cool , thanks for that.

Heres the Holley cleaned up a bit

Attached Files:

7. Holley Motorcycle

Hi all, in my research of vintage american motorcycles, an interesting fact emerged about this company.

These guys had learned to build great Carborators (at the time) and Henry Ford engaged them to design and build carbs for his company, ultimately they quit building Motorcycles, and became the "Holley Carborator Company"

8. datz510

datz510 Member

9. Ozi

Ozi Member

This could be a really good thread with lots of old images.....
  10. datz510

datz510 Member

From that last picture of the 1902, it looks like the pedal chain runs on the left side.. how peculiar!

edit: Lookin at the original ad, it looks like the image was reversed left to right. Wonder if this was common practice for printing back then.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  11. frameteam2003

frameteam2003 Member

That thing would be HORRIBLE to ride, the pedals are set directly under the seat!

The holly might have been hard to ride but not the California as this was the motored bicycle that George A Wyman rode across America in 1903.First person to cross the usa by motored vehicle---yea he was in N.Y. waiting around when that car(driver mach and dog arrived)!

BTW Rif did the wyman ride in 2003 on a Motored Bicycle---ALL THE WAY!!
  12. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

My bum still has callouses... LOL