Any assisted recumbents?

SoloOwners

Local time
12:22 AM
What I'd like to see is some motor-assisted recumbents. Now we're talking an animal of a different and rare breed.

You talking gas or electric recumbent?

I just put 980W of electric shifting power on a Sun like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

My server is down this morning but I'll post pics when it's back up if you want.
I deemed it the 'Rocket Sled' because it's that awesome, mind blowing speed yet able to climb steep hills.

If you want a gas engine though I can't help you, I think trying to use gas on such a sleek machine is, well, just plain silly.

No, electric sounds like the better choice to me to now that you mention it.
Otherwise, you could almost mount a 5 horse Briggs and Stratton on the back and call it a light go-cart.
I'd love to see pictures. Video would be fantastic, but pictures would be great.

Wow. Ask and I shall receive. Thank you Bakaneko.
That is fantastic! And Rafael's got Kitt, the Knight Rider Car in his garage too!
I like the fact that the seating position on this is a little higher than some of the recumbents.
I also like the fact that it's got "regular" front end steering with pull backs.

Now I can't wait to see what KCvale has. :)

Ermm, that post was just an idea and it is pretty far out there. I would start with the standard electric setup and battery and if you need some additional range or want to try a hybrid then take a look at this. The generators are pretty cheap (~$120ish) and you will need a good amp charger.

No worries. I'm holding on to my money pretty tightly these days. Learning though. Thanks!

Built motor assist trike,downright dangerous when pushed.. Pulled it apart built recumbent,to hard to pedal to engage clutch(getting old)..Fitted50cc high comp 2stroke all finished and looked O.K even got it up and running was really rapt...THEN,pulled the starter ,it broke,fixed pulled rope broke,fixed after replace cord upsize handle broke..,Total 6 cord breaks,new internal bit fitted return spring disengages 4 times,another handle....s**t on this ,now fitting starter motor,nearly finished am on MK111, not the easiest job I have tackled on bikes,Wife says it is trying to tell me something do not finish the thing and throw it to landfill..Kept me busy building this over winter do not want it to beat me... NOW,the hard luck story ,new engine got it running up to temp torqued the head down ,piston comes up hits plug of course it not only has no spark the plug is trying to stop the piston going back down hence a cart load of use to cord pull creating probs.. Fitted thick fibre washer to plug maybe2-3threads worth engine running up to temp am a happy camper oil coming from head joint torque down head/cylinder bolts,crap appearing at cylinder to crankcase..Only 4 bolts so strip it down,Now not happyNEW ENGINE run fo total 7minutes...No gasket at crankcase ,a really heavy consistency glue ,not silicone ,impregnated with like asbestos 2 times pulled head down squeezed out underside unable to see,into crankcase etc; .. long story/short engine back together ,washer still on plug,maybe wrong plug,starter almost there But now I am thinking of throwing it down to the Tip...Not really a Recumbent more a very.,very low trike ,will try to get some photos ....

Bikes easy they are generally on 27inch wheels,lowriders/recumbents 20inch to do any work on the damn thing must be up on bench..Will keep you posted Stay Safe

Back